Online play lag in MK8

Discussion in 'Mario Kart' started by Ghost Rider, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Have you experienced lag while playing online in Mario Kart 8? Sometimes it sucks, sometimes it's pretty cool. There are times when my internet connection lags and I end up ahead of the person who was in front of me when the results are shown. There are times when a lag results in me being behind in the rankings of somebody who was actually behind me during the race. Have you ever experienced this before?

2. Askani

Askani Member

It may be your service provider. I would keep track and call if the problem keeps up. I noticed with Comcast depending on the time of day my broadband speed would very greatly. More people on more lag on online games.

3. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Yep, you're right there. I do believe that it's my service provider. We have very slow internet connection in my country (as compared to others) yet we pay huge amounts of cash. Still, I can't help but snicker when I see my name in front of somebody who was leading me for the entire race due to lag. Haha! :D

4. Balaal

Balaal Member

Lol I've never had that placing mishap happen to me due to lag but if it did, I'd be pretty pissed about getting placed behind someone because of it haha!

5. Artune

Artune Member

It could also be the servers, sometimes when I play I get lag but my internet connection is fine. The Wii U isn't the best in terms of online connectivity but the game itself is really fun.

6. RamZor

RamZor Member

I do get lag sometimes. Most of the time it runs pretty smooth, so I am not that worried.

7. vennybunny

vennybunny Member

When the lag kicks in I usually switch to a more serious racing game and play with ghosts, so it doesn't really matter if I lag. Mario Kart, in my opinion is too chaotic to play with lag. It's so hard to aim green shells with lag.