Online community is bad?

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto' started by FuZyOn, Sep 20, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I guess that's the case with every popular game that is online, but the GTA V online community is simply really, really bad. A lot of young kids who just ruin the game for everyone else, of course that's not always the case but it's annoying.

2. Susime

Susime Active Member

I played IV online a lot and the chat online was pretty bad.

It was full of squeaky kids giving death threats to eachother while some had rap music on or others were trying to rap themselves. I felt a little out of place.

3. spectre456

spectre456 Member

That's actually the reason I looked for a good crew. When you find some cool people to mess around in the game it becomes much more fun.

4. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yeah I think this is one of the games that kids will gravitate to and with these games you would usually run across a lot of juvenile behavior. Seem of them are funny though whether it's intentional or not, so I don't mind that much.

5. Susime

Susime Active Member

I found it funny when one would get killed by you if by accident or on purpose and they then go into a tirade of death threats and saying he knows of people in high places, all through a squeaky voice.

Pretty amusing.

6. RamZor

RamZor Member

The community is pretty bad imo, but I don't let that ruin my fun. Just find a couple of friends to play with and you are guarnteed to have a great time.

7. Susime

Susime Active Member

What's the worst experience people have had in GTA online play?

The worst I had was this server where a kid was acting gay over the mic and would not shut up.

8. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think any online game has its share of bad apples so it really is best to bring your crew with you if you can. If I have to play with others I just try not to take it too seriously and sometimes they even amuse me.

9. Susime

Susime Active Member

Gotta admit some of the bad apples amuse me too, especially when you play them at their own game.

They get so mad when they realise they're not getting to you! :D

10. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yeah I think trolls have always existed even before the internet and dealing with them has always been a fact of life. As long as you know how not to take yourself or your game too seriously then I think for the most part they just move on to someone who does.

11. Susime

Susime Active Member

I can't really understand why people take the games too seriously at time. I mean games are a means of entertainment and it should be that.

If you're letting some little idiot within a game get to you then I think it's an idea to turn off and do something else.

12. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I've found that it's usually because they're too competitive. They start getting killed by a random person and just feel the need to retaliate.
    I've gotten annoyed when some randoms start killing me for no reason and I was trying to do something. Switching lobbies fixes that problem easily though.

13. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think it's understandable to think that some of them might just be having a bad day but most people who get too uptight, I think, are just too much into their games where it becomes their whole world so whenever someone has a bit of fun at that expense it feels to them like someone is trampling over their life. That's just my guess though.

14. Susime

Susime Active Member

I'd agree with that.

Some really get lost in their games so yeah I can understand them getting a little peeved when some moron comes in and tries to mess it up for them, but then again I still think they should try and not let them get to them. Try and join another server or play a different game for a couple of hours.

15. TheViper

TheViper Member

The fact is that something like this is common for pretty much anything on the internet. You will always have those bad bunches that ruin everything for some. You either get tough skin for it or you just avoid it all together.

16. Susime

Susime Active Member

It's kinda of amusing when you play them at their own game though. They either cuss you out, try to get you kicked or just leave the game altogether.

17. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

They usually have an expected reaction set in their mind so when you surprise them with the ability to keep up their mind goes haywire for not being able to follow their script.

18. Susime

Susime Active Member

Haha! That probably explains why they start to cuss you out.

It's almost like a cornered animal. It goes on the offensive when it's backed into a corner.

19. Clanky

Clanky Member

Well, but you must admit that GTA really provides the perfect base for these trolls. GTA is simply the best game for people like them. Sticky bombs, car crashes, 1000 ways to kill each other...
    However, they really ruin the game at some point. It's funny to a specific level, then it instantly drops to "not funny, leave me alone".

20. Susime

Susime Active Member

I'm kinda in two minds if it is the best place for them, because when you've got someone who sounds like a squeaky voiced ten year old telling you, in-between shouts of yes and no to his mum, that he's related to proper gangsters, it becomes just that little bit annoying and into cringeworthy territory.