Obeying Traffic

Discussion in 'GTA IV' started by JoshSmith100, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Norjak71

Norjak71 Member

Yeah I've done it a few times in GTA but usually in first person just biding my time and enjoying the surroundings. One of the funnest things to do in GTA is actually just taking in the environment and the landscapes. Rockstar spent a massive amount of time developing a living, breathing world; I would feel like I have cheated the game somewhat if I didn't sit back and take it once in a while.

2. raceman998

raceman998 Member

No, I never follow the traffic rules in the game. Well, it's just a game and not the real life. I don't drive reckless in the game when I evade the cops. It's fun to break the traffic rules in the games. :D

3. moneyman

moneyman New Member

Sometimes it just funny to drive along the traffic following rules but especially in San Andreas I am annoyed by people changing lanes without flashing an indicator. However most of the time I drive as fast I could with a given vehicle or what I am able to get.

4. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

It is just one of those fun things to do when roaming around. Hey I'll just stop at this red light, even though I can just blow right through it as long as cops aren't around. I find myself just following the traffic rules from time to time.

5. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

Yes! I actually do this! I started doing it in San Andreas when I was bored and I still do it till this day, it's actually fun because it's a different way of playing the game and seems really realistic that way.

6. krnd

krnd Member

This sounds really funny, I should definitely give it a try.. does anyone know if traffic is actually realistic in any way? talking about the lights system.

7. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzels New Member

I think that attempting to follow the rules of the road is a harder challenge than most levels, now actually going the same speed as other vehicles will net you a game completion time of somewhere around 400 hours.

8. raceman998

raceman998 Member

No one follows the traffic rule in GTA. Well, we all follow the traffic rules in real life but GTA is just a game. I have not seen anyone following the traffic rules.

9. belovedad

belovedad Member

On a regular day, I don't do it and I doubt anyone does it. However, sometimes I want to kick back and give it a shot but it is so hard and I usually end up running a red light or something.

10. JoshT

JoshT New Member

I have played a few times while obeying traffic law. I find it cool to just take my time, stop at the lights, follow other cars. I remember years ago wanting a way to put on turn signals. I now play some simulators like Euro Truck Simulator, where you have to follow traffic laws, so I guess that's always something I liked. Still do it in GTA V sometimes too.

11. sidney

sidney Member

When I noticed that I have no choice but to drive properly since there's no room for me to overtake, then I find myself obeying the traffic rules. But apart from that, I drive recklessly and I cross the road whenever I want to.

12. AlexZ

AlexZ New Member

I bе оut еаting lights I аlwаys try tо nеvеr сrаsh sоmеtimеs I gеt tо lаst lоng. Thе driving оn GTаIV is prеtty fun I lоvе putting it оn tо visit thе bаr оr rеstаurаnt with а fоllоwеr.
    It wоuld bе vеry сооl if it wаs likе drivеr bасk in thе оld dаys whеrе if yоu еаt а rеd light yоu will gеt pullеd оvеr by thе pоliсе аnd gеt а tiсkеt.

1 person likes this.
  13. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

You are right of course and the police don't tend to bother too much if you pay attention to the traffic laws or not. When you're doing the missions and actually playing the game then that's probably a good thing though, as I don't know many people that will take notice of the red lights while they're actually on a mission. That's normally just something we do when we are passing time.

14. Haroon

Haroon New Member

I have never obeyed any traffic laws while driving my vehicle at very high speed.I just like to play game to enjoy not to obey any kind of laws.I think so that obeying traffic laws is not important while enjoying this amazing game.That's why I just like to enjoy game more than obeying traffic laws.

15. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

Sometimes this is fun, and I just need a little something new every now and then. It is more difficult than you may think, too.

16. walter12

walter12 Active Member

I agree, it can be quite difficult to pull off.

17. razer

razer Member

Haha, I can't say I've ever given a cr*p about traffic in GTA. Driver a.i in GTA is moronic so I would never try this.

18. kingcool52

kingcool52 Member

I do it quite often actually when I just get bored and have nothing else to do on Grand Theft Auto IV or even V. I just tend to get a car, a truck or even one of the coaches and just drive around the map, making sure to stay in the lanes, following the traffic lights and even making sure to look both ways before turning :D. I know there is quite a large roleplaying community for GTA as well so there are quite a lot of people that do the same.

19. clair02

clair02 New Member

I totally agree, where would the fun be if you obeyed the rules in the game (as well as real life)? I think that it's a great way to let loose and do all the crazy things you know you'd never do in real life.