Obeying Traffic

Discussion in 'GTA IV' started by JoshSmith100, Aug 8, 2013.

1. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 New Member

I find it fun for a few mins to pretend i'm a real driver in V, thanks to the first-person view in cars. It adds much to the feeling that I am actually trying to obey rhe traffic rules in a big city.

2. srofltank

srofltank New Member

Lol, I used to do this when I was a kid. I would obey the traffic laws and try to "stop" reckless drivers in the streets. Then again, a lot of the drivers in GTA are designed to be aggressive and reckless, so why shouldn't you?

3. mmchayle

mmchayle New Member

Same here. I always drive around like an idiot unless my and my friends are role playing online but obeying the law sucks. Apart from that it is just so much fun to run over some of those random citizens and driving while shooting is so entertaining.

4. cnunamaker1

cnunamaker1 New Member

I only obey the traffic laws when I get bored. Most of the time I drive around all crazy just because it is fun. The point you made saying some people drive around slow to look at the surroundings, is a very good idea. In my personal opinion Grand Theft Auto was a game made so people can break the rules and have fun. So at the end of the day, I will continue to drive around like a crazy person.

5. cnunamaker1

cnunamaker1 New Member

I only obey the traffic laws when I get bored. Most of the time I drive around all crazy just because it is fun. The point you made saying some people drive around slow to look at the surroundings, is a very good idea. In my personal opinion Grand Theft Auto was a game made so people can break the rules and have fun. So at the end of the day, I will continue to drive around like a crazy person.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I've tried playing by the rules a few times, but like most people have already said on here, I found it a bit frustrating to be honest. I've never done that in the actual game, only when I've been playing online and trying to look after my vehicle, but it ended up in a worse state than what it does when I play normally.

7. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

I really don't follow the traffic rules. In fact, most of the times you'll find me cutting corners and not even obeying the road. I guess I'm more of an off-road kind of person. :)

The only time I obey traffic is when I get REALLY bored, but I'd have to be more bored than I am during work, for example.

8. lstryhrn

lstryhrn New Member

I never obey traffice laws on the game.. Its GTA!! lol Why follow traffic laws but go kills or beat up someone for fun.

9. guruproto

guruproto New Member

Sometimes when I get bored from playing, I'll try to act like a model citizen. I'll put on some Jazz Nation Radio, never run a red light, and stay within a good speed limit. This is especially the case when I just came from a pub date, and I'm in "DUI" mode. Trying to drive straight when drunk is hilariously awful and one of my favorite activities in the game.

I don't recall entirely, but I think that the police was coded to come after you if you're drunk and driving regardless. There were some times where I hadn't hit a single car and was driving slow, but as soon as I came in proximity to the police, they immediately came after me.

10. Frennemeister

Frennemeister New Member

When I started playing I did. But after a while, when I had waited for the red lights for 10 minutes I simply said, "Fuck it" and just drove like a maniac to wherever I was going. I have played a lot of Oblivion and I loved role playing. I guess it just doesn't work out very well in GTA IV.

11. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Well, actually... I've tried doing that but it's almost impossible. You always go a lot faster than the other cars and it's hard to stop and turn, nothing like driving in real life. You can't really obey the laws too easy to run into cars and kill people and mail boxes and stuff.

12. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Well, actually... I've tried doing that but it's almost impossible. You always go a lot faster than the other cars and it's hard to stop and turn, nothing like driving in real life. You can't really obey the laws too easy to run into cars and kill people and mail boxes and stuff.

13. C.J

C.J New Member

Like any GTA game, it's fun to obey the driving laws for a while when you're a little bored.
    I think it was some of the Driver games where if you did speed or run a red light with a police car in view you would get in trouble, that would force you to obey

14. learntoshootsmoke

learntoshootsmoke New Member

So I've got a funny story about this. I was playing one day when my mom came over to drop something off. She stayed for a while and ended up watching me play, and the only complaint she had of the game was of me not following any of the traffic laws. I said "Mom, I'm trying to get there as fast as I can." and she said "But, why do you have to go so fast?, you could kill somebody." Keep in mind she's seen me killing multiple people by this point, and she's worried I'm going to run over someone :p.

15. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Following the traffic laws and even other things are what you do when you're bored and you've just loaded the game up to pass an hour or two, as your trying to find things to do.

If you're on a mission or playing online on a heist it's not something that you'd be doing I would have thought!

16. puneeth8994

puneeth8994 Member

Tried doing it once and miserable followed.....:p
    ended up shooting cops. I guess I'm not made to follow traffic rules, atleast in the virtual reality........:D

17. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I have obeyed some of the traffic lights just for laughs. Other than that, why would you obey traffic laws GTA? That's the whole point of the game.

18. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

The only time I might obey the traffic laws if there is a cop around, but even then, you can just evade them. It entirely depends on the situation. Some missions you have to just stay clear of breaking laws that will draw heat.

19. Valoistat1790

Valoistat1790 New Member

I've tried in a number of them: Vice City, San Andreas, IV (all episodes, actually).

The traffic patterns seem to have no real rhyme or reason. Almost as if they expect you to drive... well, however you'd wish.

20. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

when I get incredibly bored, yes, I follow traffic rules and pretend I'm a regular citizen. It's fun though, but it would be better to get one star after failing to follow the traffic lights in the game, to make it more interesting. Am I the only one?