Obeying Traffic

Discussion in 'GTA IV' started by JoshSmith100, Aug 8, 2013.

1. untitled

untitled New Member

I have actually spent some considerable time obeying traffic laws in the game and I must say it is nearly impossible to actually be successful at it. Mainly due to the fact that you can't signal to change lanes it is only a matter of time before you end up in a collision.

2. Chingling

Chingling New Member

I may not always obey traffic, as I have a need for speed, but I do try to stay within the boundaries of my lane and not hit others. I always try to keep my car intact, so I do not just go drive around crazily destroying everything in my path. The speed limit, however, is a big exception.

3. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I usually don't, but sometimes it's fun to obey them just to have a change of pace. I stop at traffic lights, wait for the cars in front of me to move, and drive pretty slowly. After a while I feel that one of the cars are going too slowly, so I shoot them, crash into them and start running over people in a mad road rage.

4. Servace

Servace New Member

I try to obey the traffic lights and stop signs. When ever I accidentally hit a car I end up trying to open the other person's car to pretend I am getting is insurance and other information. The person then has to run so I beat the crap out of him.

5. LanceVance

LanceVance New Member

I don't think it's possible anyway, is it? Even if you do it, there always someone who comes barreling through the intersection, at least there is in the GTAs that I've played.

6. erik120

erik120 New Member

Yeah I tried that once just for the hell of it but yuo get bored and not only that but in other cars ramm into you like its nobody's bussiness and its just stupid and not worth it, I think that why they didn't even bother to fully script a perfect traffic, because no one would obey traffic in GTA.

7. SuperiorCallz

SuperiorCallz New Member

I barely ever obey traffic laws. I usually just go full-speed and run people over knocking over street signs and what-not, unless of course I'm extremely bored. Then I try to go real life in GTA and try perfect my car driving.

8. Curtclicker

Curtclicker New Member

Whenever I try to obey traffic I get antsy and then start driving like a madman. If I wanted to follow traffic rules I'd get in my damn car and drive to Target! THIS IS A VIDEO GAME, have some fun and create some mayhem!

9. valiantx

valiantx New Member

Only when I am picking up prostitutes or it's required in a mission to not damage my vehicle or there is a damage meter of sorts to watch out for. Also, GTA IV, is a game, nothing more. Meaning, I'll obey traffic lights all right, because I'll be mentally dissonant to the difference of meaning between red, yellow, purple, blue, and green means ;)

10. rknocks

rknocks New Member

It's really hard to do that when cars constantly try to get around you and crash into you. Though that doesn't stop me from trying ;) I normally need to stay away from fast cars though, or else I feel the need to just press down on the trigger and go full speed down the middle of the road.

11. rightct

rightct New Member

Lol, when I get bored I always do that! But thereafter I get even more bored and start killing people, rocket cars and all that GTA stuff. xD

12. Corten

Corten Member

When I was really, really, reaaaaally bored I did it, just pop on some music and drive. I loved in Maffia 1 that if you didn't obey the rules you could get into trouble with the police, ignore the red lights and they'll be onto you.

13. superbobby

superbobby New Member

Who the hell obeys traffic rules on GTA? GTA is all about breaking the rules!

14. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic New Member

Sometimes I obey traffic laws for fun, but then I get bored shortly after, and I drive like a idiot after that.

15. jamiew23

jamiew23 New Member

Haha obey the traffic god no. Could you imagine how slow the game would be if you obeyed the traffic :p I just go as fast as I can trying to dodge all the traffic as I go. It's more fun that way ;)

16. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I like to sometimes, just to relax for a bit and test my driving skills but I can't stand waiting for that long. After that I go rob some banks so that I can get pumped up.

17. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWench New Member

I would think incorporating it into gameplay wouldn't be such a bad idea as was mentioned above in considering Mafia. Especially if the gameplay was drastically altered when you entered into that 'mode'. Like it went from GTA to a splash of Forza for certain segments. Forza on the streets. The ability to go two hundred but the restrictions of traffic law. :eek:

18. TheViper

TheViper Member

Obeying traffic is a funny thing to do in a video game. Though, with GTA after a while you just kinda do it. I don't know it is because you burn yourself out with the game. I just found myself stopping and red lights and doing all the right things of the law.

19. AmeJouten

AmeJouten New Member

I think it's just a fun way to immerse yourself in the game, sometimes you are burnt out like theviper said and you're just chillaxing and you're listening to the radio stations which are pretty entertaining in themselves. I know when something comes on like a talk show or whatever i'll slow down with traffic and listen.

20. jamiew23

jamiew23 New Member

I can't see it being funny in my opinion it just slows everything down :p I don't have time to stop at traffic lights I just want to explore and mess around. Maybe I'll give it a go next time I play and I'll get back to you :p