Nintendo 2DS

Discussion in 'Portable Gaming' started by Brem, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Brem

Brem Member

2. zambothegreat

zambothegreat Member

It's something that I'm interested in because I don't care about the 3D functionality of the 3DS, but I am interested in a few of the games. So something like this is a good alternative for me. Plus, it's cheaper.

3. bombthecherry

bombthecherry Member

I don't like it, as it just doesn't seem portable to me. And it's pretty ugly! I'd rather get a 3DS and keep the 3D turned off.

4. aleks4775

aleks4775 Member

So what? It's cheaper and besides nobody uses 3d. It's just another gimmick to make more sells. I don't think anyone will be using 3d for a very long time. It is more of a "woah" thing rather then an actual practical one.

5. Marcus

Marcus Member

3D is always a gimmick, has been since the 1920s or so when it was invented (I might be wrong on the time frame). 3D has been around for ages and there's nothing truly that great about it. It comes up every 10-20 years and is like "Hey I'm here, look, I'm nice and cool and new". Then leaves for another 10-20 years and someone comes in and invents another device to use it and everyone is amazed. Forget that man, 3D hurts mah brain.

Anyways the 3DS was a nice handheld, too bad no one cares too much for 3D. the 2DS is going backwards on this, going back to the days of the gameboy, except bigger it looks like. I like that they give you a carrying case, so that isn't bad, but in this day and age, we like portable, and the 2DS doesn't look portable. I kind of like the design, just wish it was thinner on the sides.

6. Kevin Valerio

Kevin Valerio Member

I'm super excited about the 2ds considering I have many gamer friends who tell me how amazing the games are on the 3ds. The system itself they hate though since they barely use the 3d function if at all. This will be a perfect buy for me as I'll be able to play the 3ds games for much cheaper and with regular 2d which is all I need.

7. bombthecherry

bombthecherry Member

It's not really that much cheaper, only about $40 in the US, give or take.

8. AlexTraveller

AlexTraveller Member

It's definitely a good choice for kids, especially the ones who don't understand how NOT to break their DSs.

9. bombthecherry

bombthecherry Member

Agreed. At least they can't yank the top part back too far and crack the hinges.

10. nicotta

nicotta Member

I'm not liking Nintendo at the moment there going backwards if you ask me, they just struggling to keep up with Microsoft and Sony now a days.

11. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I don't like the way it looks but I guess I can consider buying one if it's cheap enough. I'll probably just keep it at home though, which I think many people would do with it if ever they did buy it.

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I'm a bit confused. What exactly the concept for this? Is it pretty much the 3DS minus the 3D? You could already turn off the 3D capabilities in the normal 3DS. I just don't know about this.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I think I might have seen this at my area's local Walmart. It looks like a flat DS.. In fact, it kind of resembles the WiiU gamepad. Is Nintendo just trying to get as much cash as they can?

14. vennybunny

vennybunny Member

They made this, in my opinion, for people who want to play the new Pokemon games, and nothing else on the library. A 3DS would be hard to justify cost-wise for one game, but a 2DS would be an okay Pokemon machine.