NASCAR 14 NASCAR not coming to PS4 and XB1

Discussion in 'NASCAR 23' started by Ghost Rider, Feb 13, 2014.

1. wulfman

wulfman Member

Don't understand that decision , not making it for the next generation consoles.

2. ray king

ray king Member

This could probably be something to do with the cost of making the Game for the new consoles. The number of people buying the new consoles and playing NASCAR won't be that large initially, and therefore financially, it isn't worth all the work. If you are wondering about the cost of making NASCAR for a new platform, its about $ 6 million.

3. jmoriarty630

jmoriarty630 Member

I really don't understand this decision, there are many games who don't develop PC versions for marketing reasons. There's a great number of people buying consoles, and I'm sure a lot of them would enjoy Nascar.

4. ReDGuNNeR

ReDGuNNeR New Member

This is very telling. They won't even port a barebones/barely upgraded version of the 360 and PS3 versions? Why not? The reasons listed on this thread don't really make sense. Are they developing a next-gen version and just decided to skip this year? Who knows.

After all the money they spent acquiring the license you'd think they'd want to pump out as many titles as they can. I'm not hating on them for not making it cash grab but I am truly shocked by this decision.

5. Trevorwilson

Trevorwilson New Member

That's a decision I don't understand. They'll definitely make the game available for PS4 in the future. I'd bet on that.

6. gats

gats Member

It's a bit of a generic game that won't be getting heaps of sales so I imagine they are aiming toward the casual crowd. A lot of the casual gamers probably won't be in any rush to upgrade to the latest consoles.

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I agree with most of you! They want to make sure that they get the nicest experience possible before expanding to PS4 and XB1.
    I'm sure in the future they will develop this for the latest consoles. They just want to invest more in the game quality first.

8. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

That's bad news. Because I'm going to buy the PS4 and was planning to buy NASCAR too. That's a bad move by them, I believe there's still solid fan base to this game...

9. JessiFox

JessiFox Member

I don't know, I guess it's possible they're just playing it safe and will end up taking the jump initially? As for the small fan base, I don't know that I'd agree with that...I'm not a huge fan, but it seems that they have enough interest in it overall to still make it worthwhile for them.

10. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Member

Pretty dumb move on their part. There are a lot of Nascar fans that are willing to sink some serious money into a good racing game. Especially one that is officially Nascar related. Maybe they didn't have the production budget to do another game. Whatever the reason they should definitely release something for next generation consoles next year. They are missing out on a lot of money.

11. cameronpalte

cameronpalte New Member

That's too bad to hear. This seems like it will end up being a lot of lost money for them and if they are interested in making more money they should quickly bring the game to these platforms.

12. tat2dbri

tat2dbri New Member

nascar is not a big seller is it? i mean does it out sell wrestling or madden? i can see why they are not coming to the ps4 and x1. it is not that huge of a seller

13. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

I really don't understand this decision, as it just means less copies sold overall. Maybe they're only gonna focus on making the game better on the platforms they've chosen, but even with this, it's just losing money...

14. mkCampbell

mkCampbell Member

It makes sense to me, they will let the number of units increase and continue to sell to users of older machines. I'm sure they are already looking at what would work and what would not for the new machines and see what they can tweak in a hurry if needed.

15. mkCampbell

mkCampbell Member

I agree, I don't plan on jumping into a new console right off the bat. I'd like to see it in action first. I have so many games right now that I don't have a desire to go out and plunk down a load of cash while sending an old console to the closet that works perfectly fine.

16. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yeah from what I recall I don't think PS3 really picked up until later in its lifespan partly because there was just not too many games for it in the first half and also it was just way too expensive at first.

17. mkCampbell

mkCampbell Member

The expense was my reason for not jumping right into the latest and greatest. That's pretty much my thought process on spending money in general. And you're right, there was a lag time in game development if I remember correctly. Was that with the 3? Or was it the second generation?

18. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

The third one was where they kind of stumbled, and it's why they did so well with their recent launch because they've already learned a lot with their past mistake. It's also why they chose to price it way lower even as a launch product and it contributed a lot to their success over the Xbox one which was a hundred dollars more at launch if I'm not mistaken.

19. mkCampbell

mkCampbell Member

Pricing is huge for my family. Wife, kids, all wanting cool things. I'm a dad and the man cave, what little of a cave it is, does not stand up to the needs of a girl and dolls, son and skateboards, wife and what ever wife wants.

20. BluBird

BluBird Member

This worries me for games that aren't as popular to draw a huge crowd with the ps4/xbox one owners. I personally am looking forward to NHL15, but I hope they don't keep it last gen only because the numbers are there.