NASCAR 14 NASCAR Games Boring?

Discussion in 'NASCAR 23' started by teabwoi, Nov 12, 2014.

1. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

I have nascar games before and to me I think that they are really boring.

Do you guys think the same about nascar games and why?

2. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I think games like these usually just appeal to the fans and those who have the potential to be fans. I feel the same way bat FIFA because I never got into football, so this might just be a similar case for most people.

3. mkCampbell

mkCampbell Member

I love my NASCAR games but I'm a huge fan of racing. NASCAR, IndyCar, Formula1. ARCA etc, etc. I'm not a huge soccer fan, yes - I know it's football to much of the world, so I don't really enjoy soccer games. I guess you go with what you like.

4. jurew2

jurew2 Member

I'm not a fan of Nascar racing and that is why the game isn't really fun for me. For me it is quite boring and therefore I don't play it as much as I do any other racing games out there. For me probably no matter what they do with the game, it won't be so appealing as some other racing games.

5. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

I know what you're talking about, OP. I find them boring too. Still, I did enjoy one NASCAR game in my life. It was the one based on the NASCAR tv cartoon, and it had power-ups and everything a kid could ever want. I remember playing it for a long time in my childhood, with my friends.

6. jetliposting

jetliposting New Member

I don't think NASCAR games are boring, but as most sport or motorsport gams they are aimed at a certain market. I, for instance, am a F1, MotoGp and SBK fan, and I really enjoyed a lot of games that featured these championships although many people warned me against playing them.

7. mkCampbell

mkCampbell Member

I think my like of NASCAR games comes from me being a fan of the series. I've tried several versions on platforms over the years and the theme I like the best are games that are true to the rules, colors, drivers, tracks etc.

8. mkCampbell

mkCampbell Member

That's almost exactly what I answered below. I'm a big fan so the games appeal to me. I'm not a big soccer fan so those games don't appeal to me in any way. On the other hand, I played base ball through highschool so I like MLB games, I love NFL football so I like those games. We're a military family so some of the violence in "war/military" games do not appeal to me as they used to.

9. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yeah. I have some activities that I'm not interested in but can gather enough interest for a few games like boxing, but I don't really seek it out like I do some other favorites. However, I do like racing games a lot but I don't care about real world racing at all.

10. allarijit

allarijit New Member

I guess it really depends on your taste: I guess I can only speak for myself, but playing Nascar games on a PS3 is truly a remarkable experience! You end up realizing the fluency of the frame rate as well as the gorgeous graphic, and not to mention that if you buy the additional wheel (and play the game using the wheel), it's so realistic!

11. troutski

troutski Active Member

Have you ever driven an actual car? Because using a console's driving wheel is nothing like driving a real vehicle, let alone driving a high performance race car. Nice try.

12. spectre456

spectre456 Member

All games of a genre won't appeal to everyone, and that's normal, the Nascar series is no exception to this rule. I personally find the game enjoyable for a while and then get bored, but that happens with any game I play, not just Nascar games.

13. krazystitch

krazystitch New Member

Liking one racing game doesn't mean that you can like them all, it's different for everyone. That's why there are different styles of racing games that can appeal to other people. I've personally never gotten into NASCAR myself, so I'm in the same boat as you, but can't blame anyone else for enjoying them more than I do.

14. bocat

bocat New Member

It is kind of boring, i just play it because i live in the south and it reminds me of home. lol

15. Determined2014

Determined2014 New Member

I do feel the same way too, tehy tend to be pretty boring, unless someone is into the whole Nascar thing.

16. mkCampbell

mkCampbell Member

We are a military family as well and those types of games don't interest me at all. On the other hand, our son is still in the ARMY and he plays a few of them from time to time. I played football and baseball and loved Madden and Ken Griffy JR Baseball. NASCAR is one of my favorite sports and I've worked in the industry so it has a soft spot and I'll always have a NASCAR.

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I do find NASCAR games boring because pro racing is a sport with rules and I like street racing games. Why would I want to drive in circles when I can drive around a city and raise hell?
    Although Midnight Club by Rockstar isn't a GTA game, I still scare pedestrians and shove other cars into gas station pumps and make them blow up. I don't like serious professional racing games. They bore me.

18. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Umm.. I don't really find it that boring since pro racing is a sport that I watch and enjoy, but I guess this game isn't really targeted for you! :D

19. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

I think realism in racing games aren't as fun as fantasy races like Mario Kart or Crash Team Racing. You don't get power ups and you don't get to hit other players with missiles and other traps. That's kinda what makes racing games more fun, the ability to outwit your opponent by using a multitude of weapons, shortcuts and speed boosts. With realism racing, it's just a race, knowing when to turn, knowing when to accelerate, and that's about it. Where's the fun in that?

20. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Me too. I prefer arcade type racing games because there's a lot more to do in them. As for nascar the one I liked the most was Daytona although I think that was not totally realistic as well so to me it wasn't too boring even after multiple plays.