Most Frustrating Mission?

Discussion in 'GTA Vice City' started by JoshSmith, Aug 9, 2013.

1. SS42A

SS42A New Member

I concur as to the mission "The Driver" being one of the most frustrating GTA: VC missions. If racing with a Sentinel against a Sabre Turbo is already hard enough, the police will make the mission more difficult. It will take skill and resilience to beat the Sabre Turbo.

I find "Bombs Away" quite manageable if you can move your RC plane towards any of the Cubans and push them into the water until they drown. If you start dropping bombs on the Cubans they will be alerted.

2. Rohan99

Rohan99 Member

Demolition man is the most frustrating mission on Gta Vice city without a doubt. The time always ran out on me before I could plant all the bombs in the building. I had to use a cheat that paused the time in order to complete that mission.

3. MisterRay97

MisterRay97 New Member

Most of the RC vehicle missions were frustrating. Also, the mission at the film theatre called 'Dildo Dodo' where you have to ride a plane was annoying. Besides, there was a mission where a guy asks you to race. He gets a Sabre Turbo and you get a plain Sentinel. Not fair.

4. xilezaturo

xilezaturo Member

It's been a while since I played Vice City, but I recall a few levels where things got really annoying. The level where you had to use a remote controlled helicopter toy comes to mind. The other level was when you and Lance (I think) were on speedboats and you had to make it in time to get packages while avoiding other guys on boats trying to shoot you.

5. sidney

sidney Member

I also had great difficulty finishing that mission, it's called "The Driver" and I think it took me a week to finish it.

I noticed that a lot of people really had a difficult time with the "Dode Dodo" mission, which is not surprising, considering how hard it is to control that plane.

6. Blacklist#25

Blacklist#25 New Member

The one with the RC helicopter that one was devilishly difficult! I almost smashed my keyboard to bits with that mission! But my God once you're done with that mission you'll be feeling so great and frustrated that you won't want to play the game again. And also the driver challenge or any mission involving driving.

7. haywire1337

haywire1337 New Member

I have to agree with the rest of the guys ... the RC helicopter mission was super hard. I can't remember how long it took me to complete it but I know that two days later a friend of mine invited me over to his house to help him with that exact mission because he just couldn't do it. I went to his house but I wasn't able to finish it, even with all that practice, lol. The controls were just bad for that particular mission... it was just silly.

8. Thomas Hall

Thomas Hall New Member

I thought the mission where you have to protect diaz in guardian angel and watch out for lance as he can get shot and dies if not careful watching him in fight. The haitan people, can overwhelm you as they come from all sides and will attack get's annoying sometimes doing this mission. One guy tries, to run away and have to shoot him or run him over as he takes the bag which has money in it and can be tricky taking him out sometimes.

9. Thomas Hall

Thomas Hall New Member

I thought the mission where you have to protect diaz in guardian angel and watch out for lance as he can get shot and dies if not careful watching him in fight. The haitan people, can overwhelm you as they come from all sides and will attack get's annoying sometimes doing this mission. One guy tries, to run away and have to shoot him or run him over as he takes the bag which has money in it and can be tricky taking him out sometimes.

10. LanceVance

LanceVance New Member

Yeah, but it's a lot easier when you've done it a few times. I can probably do the mission now within a few minutes, when I first did it, I think I timed out. Getting used to the RC and knowing where to go is key to finishing it quickly.

11. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I love all the RC helicopter posts on this thread. The controls were just ridiculous. The funniest thing is the mission wouldn't be that hard if it just weren't for the insane controls.

12. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

I think most people here can agree that the most frustrating mission is the one involving you controlling an RC helicopter to a construction site. It's an insanely horrible mission because the controls are terrible, especially if you played it in the PC. The controls for the chopper would make you pull out your hair, and when it gets damaged enough, the chopper explodes, leaving you to restart the mission all over again. It's almost as frustrating as the RC plane missions in San Andreas. Almost.

1 person likes this.
  13. razer

razer Member

Like the poster above, I've had a ton of problems with the RC helicopter demolition mission. As if the flying controls aren't frustrating enough, you also have a timer and construction workers trying to shoot you down.
    I've also had problems with the RC plane mission where IIRC you have to bomb both stationary and moving targets. Notice a pattern here ?

14. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

Anything with a helicopter always tends to throw me off as I can not just seem to handle it. I always think that I am way better at it and it screws everything up.

15. jakub1

jakub1 Member

I agree sometimes it's just way too tricky

16. razer

razer Member

Helicopter controls are pretty bad, I can't handle them well either.
    Luckily I don't remember many missions that required it, aside form the one that I mentioned above.

17. walter12

walter12 Active Member

Helicopter can be very annoying to deal with

18. serbog

serbog New Member

Well the hardest mission of all of video gaming for me is the helicopter mission. The one where you have a toy helicopter placing dynamite on the building and you even need to do it in time. That gave my nightmares as a child and it still does till this day. :D

19. razer

razer Member

A popular choice, it seems :D

BTW, I also had big problems with one of the crew assembling missions ( for bank robbery ) where you are supposed to beat a guy in a race, who has a car that is faster than yours.

20. pmk1996

pmk1996 Member

Demolition guy as some if you have mentioned is the hardest mission I came across. The controls really suck.