More racing games

Discussion in 'Mario Kart' started by mightymap2, Nov 19, 2014.

1. mightymap2

mightymap2 New Member

I'm in desperate need of more racing games to play. I love the Mariokart series no doubt. But I am also looking for new games to play like Angry Birds Racing.

2. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

3. CarGamingBlog

CarGamingBlog Member

I run a site that exclusively covers racing games for all platforms including mobile.

4. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

Sonic racers is another pretty cool one. I used to play Angry Bird kart racing but I thought that I was the only person that was addicted to that game. Man that game was really cool to play.

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

You could try looking into Crash team racing or Diddy Kong racing although I've never played with those games myself but I've heard some good things about it. There's also a few kart racing games on mobile including one from miniclip which is a very good developer so I'd say it's worth looking into that as well.

6. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

I recommend "Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing" and its sequel, "Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed". They are fantastic kart games, very fun to play with friends, and are pretty much the equivalent of Mario Kart for the Sonic franchise. The tracks are really nice and colorful, the character pallet is nice if you're a Sonic fan, and the soundtrack is pleasant.

They are usually very cheap on Steam, and the PC version of "Transformed" has some extra characters, related to Valve's Team Fortress 2. I'd recommend picking both games up in the imminent Autumn Sale, or wait until the Winter Sale for a bigger discount.

7. troutski

troutski Active Member

S&S All-Stars Racing and its sequel are definitely worth giving a shot, as GlacialDoom has pointed out. They're both pretty good racing games, and I have no real complaints about either title.

8. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Member

I would recommend Jak X Racing and New Rally X, if you're into that type of racing game.

For Jak X, it's like Mario Karts for it's racing style. You have free play mode, the story mode and challenges. It's obvious what story mode is like, just like Grand Prix from Mario. Free Play mode is whatever you want to do race wise. Challenges are the different mini games that you can play by yourself or with a friend. (Personally, I like the kill count one where you kill of computer racers. The one with the most kills wins!)

New Rally X is a simple game that came out for the Playstation in the 90's or so. All you have to do is avoid hitting the rocks, walls and the red cars. You have a gas screen to make the red cars spin out of control and the fuel gauge acts as your timer. Once you're out of fuel, game over.

9. utneqo7d

utneqo7d Member

I've seen some of the tracks of diddy kong racing which where turned into custom maps in mario kart wii, I must say, those maps where real fun, so I'm sure that's a nice game. I haven't played it myself (yet) though hopefully someday I will, it seems like a classic, less popular than Mario Kart though still a lot fun.

10. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I get. Crossovers are usually very fun for even at the very least just the novelty of it all, and it's an extra bonus if they also do work well in the game too which I guess with games that are so close to each other shouldn't be too hard to pull off.