Mercedes Benz DLC on August 27th.

Discussion in 'Mario Kart' started by CeliVega, Aug 18, 2014.

1. CeliVega

CeliVega Member

2. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

Why god. I do hope though, that maybe new tracks are on the way!

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Yes, I saw this. It could be cool, I suppose, but is it a beneficial addition? Does it drive better than some of the other carts? Does it have better specs or is it just a cosmetic upgrade?

4. ray king

ray king Member

The Mercedes Benz DLC is great, they are all well balanced cars, and I didn't find any better than the other. They were all just great, and its free, so no complaints.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I see. I'm still not sure if I'm going to get it, though. Somehow, the real life cars look a little weird in this game. Mario games are almost nothing like reality, so to see something from real life in it, almost looks out of place.

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

This was my worry as well, but since it's free and only DLC then I guess it doesn't matter as much. I think I'd like just for the novelty factor alone, though.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Hmm, that is true. There is a kind of amusing aspect to it, in a ridiculous way. It's like how ridiculous an alien would look in real-life, but in reverse. Do you get what I mean?

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Ha ha, your response is funny. I find it a bit odd as well, but who knows? It could be fun or funny. Just Mario, Princess Peach, Shy Guy, Toad, and a Mercedes Benz. Which one of these things is not like the others?

9. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yeah. It's like when the cop first goes into Toonworld in. Roger Rabbit. It definitely looks odd, but you get accustomed to it soon enough.

10. Qarnage

Qarnage Member

Yeah it's just added for fun I guess, that's why it's free too. I'm pretty sure that all DLC that actually add content will at least cost us some dollars. Not that I mind though, I'm willing to pay for good content.

11. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

I think it's a weird and unnecessary addition made only for advertising purposes. I don't like it at all, but I guess the fact that it's free (due to it being nothing but a huge advertisement) might win many people over. You get used to it after a while, but it's just not right...

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Yes, or like Michael Jordan in Space Jam with the Looney Toons. Seeing both of them in the same movie was a bit bizarre, but I do like combining what's real with what's fictional. At the same time, though, it seems like it's easier to get away with it when it's people or characters than certain items. Somehow, a Mercedes Benz in the Mushroom Kingdom is an amusing thought. It's like if Sonic got a Ferrari.