Mario Kart vs. Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Discussion in 'Mario Kart' started by ACSAPA, Sep 15, 2014.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Which one do you like better? I personally like Sonic All-Stars Racing better, despite how blasphemous it sounds. I overall like SEGA better, but that's just me. I also just enjoyed the game better than its Nintendo counterpart. What do you guys think?

2. wulfman

wulfman Member

I couldn't stand the Sonic Hedgehog games. You would press a button and be in 3 different places at once. It was nuts. Compared to Nintendo there is no competition, Sega sucks. And the fact that they only made on console and disappeared is proof that Nintendo drove them out of the market. Just like Sony is doing to Nintendo now. :/

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

SEGA did not make just one console. Ever hear of the SEGA Genesis, SEGA Saturn, SEGA CD, SEGA Master System, SEGA Game Gear (their portable gaming device), or Sega Dreamcast? Oh, ad actually, it wasn't Nintendo that killed them in the console run. It was Sony. The Dreamcast lessened in popularity when the PS2 came out shortly after.

4. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I've never played the Sonic version, but I imagine they are fairly similar and I'd probably get the same amount of enjoyment out of both because I don't really favor kart racers all that much but they are fun enough to play with casually for me, personally.

5. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

I like em both pretty equally actually. I'm better at Sega All Stars Though.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Oh, the Sonic version is so much fun. Especially the sequel, with the transforming vehicles. I think that if you tried the game, you'd enjoy it.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Ah, I see. Both games are loads of fun. I know that my daughter loves it much more than I do, just because she is quite the Sonic fan.

8. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

If it has transforming vehicles then it does sound like a bit more appealing to me. I like those little additions and I especially like transforming vehicles. I'll be checking this out now, thanks for the recommendation!

9. wulfman

wulfman Member

Sega Game Gear yea I heard of but none of the others. Sorry my fault. Yea Sony really squashed their rivals with the Playstation.

10. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

It really is a fun game, and I like the transforming dynamic. Just don't get that confused with the SEGA characters' all-star move, which will be a special transformation that's almost guaranteed to to move you to 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place (if you're having trouble). I think you'll like it.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  11. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

I've been a Sega nut, so I love addition of classic dreamcast characters like Beat, Ryo and BD Joe.

12. gats

gats Member

I like Mario Kart since Nintendo games have a special little place in my heart. SEGA All stars racing is not a bad game though.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Oh, when I saw those guys and the Virtua Fighter Duo, I was so happy. Some of these SEGA characters haven't been featured in a game in a long time. This was their chance to pay tribute and maybe even lead to the possibility of a new game for that series. (Come on, Shenmue 3!)

14. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

Right? I can't even imagine a Shenmue game on a new console. It would be absolutely amazing.

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Such a great series. It's such a shame that the trilogy was never finished. We never got to see Ryo get revenge by defeating Lan Di. I really wanted to see Ryo get his justice.

16. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

Well, you never know, I've heard more possible news about Shenmue III this year than ever before!

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Seriously? Where's your source? I need to see this for myself. I love the Shenmue series and it made me really sad when it seemed like the series would not have a conclusive end. I need to know.

18. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

Some different interviews with Yu Suzuki himself mostly, He's considering kickstarter and other platforms like that to get the ball rolling..

19. spectre456

spectre456 Member

It might be because I played it alone, or maybe there was something off about it, but I didn't love All Stars as much as I do Mario Kart. Racing Transformed is a great game and, as far as kart-racing goes, is the second best racing game I have played.
    Mario Kart just brings too much nostalgia for it not to be my favorite.

20. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I really hope he does go through with that kickstarter and gets a lot of funding. The incomplete Shenmue story is probably one of the biggest cliffhangers in video game history. The trilogy getting finished is just way overdue.