Mario Kart 8 World Record 60FPS WITH CHROME

Discussion in 'Mario Kart' started by moaz13, Oct 31, 2014.

1. moaz13

moaz13 Member

The game looks great in 60FPS now that youtube has support for it.

Squigly likes this.
  2. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Looks awesome, hope that 60 fps is the norm for more racing games in the future... too many 30 fps locks everywhere :(

3. shreklock

shreklock Member

30fps was just ruining viewing experience on most games, I'm glad youtube finally stepped up and made 60fps videos possible.

4. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Too bad consoles aren't following suit... that said I know many streamers and video makers will be happy with this change.

5. TheViper

TheViper Member

Nice to see that they updated this. Got tired of scrolling through Youtube videos that were only at 30fps . Sadly I don't think we will ever see it consoles.

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

It looks great. I think this would make the games on YouTube seem more like I would see them if I were playing them myself so I'm sure many gamers would appreciate this.

7. moaz13

moaz13 Member

I hope that this later on means that idiots who think that 30FPS is better than 60 because it's more cinematic actually see how much better looking 60 is and stop lying :p

8. NathanG

NathanG New Member

Wow this looks really great! Definitely much better than the previous 30 FPS, I really felt like the 30 FPS wasn't giving justice to Mario Kart and racing games in general. I'm so glad that YouTube added support for 60FPS videos!

9. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

Wow that looks good!! I'm having second thoughts on the Wii u now. How much is it again? I wonder when the price will start dropping?

10. moaz13

moaz13 Member

This is Nintendo so unfortunately never. They really are a bunch of idiots when it comes to pricing, really old-fashioned and crappy.

11. jurew2

jurew2 Member

It really looks better than the standard 30 fps, it makes the viewing experience a lot better and I imagine that the playing experience is also improved. It would really be cool that the consoles would follow the trend of the 60 fps, but I doubt that they will do that soon.

12. BRyze

BRyze Member

Well, Mario Kart is looking good. It's strange. I never expected a Mario Kart game to look this good.

13. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I never knew this bat them. I haven't had a Nintendo system in a very long time. I think they have a budget version though, right? If not then maybe just look for a second hand system then. I once came across one that's only $100.

14. moaz13

moaz13 Member

Sure, it's not the system price, it's the game prices that are worrying. Digital copies are actually more expensive than retail, and they never go down in price. For a college student like me it's way too expensive.

Wubwub likes this.
  15. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Lol I totally forgot about that. In that case then yeah I guess it can get pretty expensive. If you really want to try it out though I guess you could just turn to used items. I'm sure there's a set somewhere that's sold for a great price .

16. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

The game, (hell, and any other game in 60 FPS) looks amazing this way! I think adding 60 FPS support on Youtube was the only good move Google has done in years with it. However, for this good addition, I expect 3 layout changes in the upcoming months.