Mario Kart 8 feels like F-Zero?

Discussion in 'Mario Kart' started by Ghost Rider, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Hey guys check out the trial run of Mario Kart 8 by IGN.

It looks so fun. The characters that we know and love are there, the courses look amazing, and the controls look tight. But you know what else? The courses looked a bit like F-Zero don't you think? I can't wait to get my hands on this game. :D

2. fireinyourwords

fireinyourwords Member

Oh, wow. Those tracks look gorgeous! I haven't seen any videos of Mario Kart 8 yet, just the announcement that it was coming out. This looks great, and I do kind of get an F-Zero kind of vibe. I wonder if they'll do another F-Zero game for the Wii U or 3DS.

3. Wick99

Wick99 Member

That looks awesome! Yeah I see your point, it does look somewhat like F-Zero which is very interesting. The whole of the gameplay seems pretty solid too.

4. scottguy

scottguy New Member

Wow, it looks really great! The F-Zero comment is interesting because I had a phase where I went between playing Mario Kart and F-Zero, and every time I went back to Mario Kart from F-Zero it just seemed like everything was going by at a slug's pace, and when I went back to F-Zero it always felt like I was going way too fast to maintain control. It seems like this one is planted firmly between the two both visually and otherwise which should be interesting to play around with.

5. cedrickismw

cedrickismw New Member

I don't know about F-Zero, but I like the new concepts introduced in this game. I remember playing F-Zero on the SNES and it was good fun. It is really fast paced as the poster above mentioned. There was one circuit I can remember not really being able to get passed. I think I finished the others I just couldn't place in that race. Reminds me of the end of Diddy Kong Racing when the giant pig is chasing you. I couldn't finish that either.