Man finishes GTA V in 38 hour sitting

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by thrillsim, Oct 8, 2013.

1. orz

orz Member

Pretty tedious to do such a thing, definitely wouldn't get any enjoyment out of doing it but I guess that's not why he did it to begin with. Wonder how long it will be before anyone beats it.

2. Rob

Rob New Member

Well we all see someone had nothing else to do with 2 days of his life. I mean I love video games, but not 38 straight hours of loving lol

3. ridwan sameer

ridwan sameer New Member

To do this as an accomplishment is one thing.
    But I would never do it for such a big game.
    I mean, this guy took out all the enjoyment of GTA In one session, He wont enjoy it as much playing now.
    Now me... I'm still in the single player campaign an enjoying the shit out of it.
    60 Dollars well spent for me

4. kryo

kryo New Member

Don't think there would be. If he was looking to do a speed clear then most likely he skipped cutscenes. I would like to know if he completed it 100% or he just skipped a lot of the games content.

5. MedeaWakoski

MedeaWakoski New Member

GTA is best played slow, if you ask me.

6. ChristosR

ChristosR New Member

My personal opinion/diagnosis? This guy has issues, big issues. A friend of mine became socially awkward because he played the game too much, and he beat it in 7 days. 38 hours straight isn't right, it can't be right.

7. stiflex

stiflex Member

I don't understand these kind of people, it's really stupid that people purchase a game just to "get it over with". It's like a fucking chore... I mean, if you love the game - why not save it for later? I mean if you pass the game in a day or two than either there's something wrong with you or you have no life...

8. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

He has played all of the main story content and have completely skipped the side missions and other random stuff that makes GTA a fun game to play.

9. msreebaybay

msreebaybay Member

I agree, that is a long period of time to just be sitting doing nothing. I personally couldn't do it. I can't imagine even trying to do something like that, it would just be unbelievably boring ! I mean that damn near two days lol.

10. Oakster

Oakster Member

He didn't play it for the fun or for the story though he just did it so he would be "internet famous" and here we are talking about him :)

11. fireinyourwords

fireinyourwords Member

I wouldn't be able to do a 38 hour playthrough of any game. I can't imagine someone having the time or drive for something like this. Nice accomplishment, I guess, but not for me.

12. WorkingGamer

WorkingGamer New Member

So he completes a game in 38 hours and everyone says he has no life, kind of dumb considering your spending your time on a forum about GTA. While I would never be able to play that long or understand how he could do it I still think it is pretty cool; can not say I understand how some people in world record books do certain things either like growing their nails forever but hey their choice right?

13. ENO1986

ENO1986 New Member

Personally that takes all the fun out of the game I never rush through my games I like to enjoy and take my time it's not a race.

14. sidd230

sidd230 Member

Such dedication. I start to get motion sickness after a 3-4 hour long session. Especially on consoles.

15. Oakster

Oakster Member

I know how terrible that is, I can't play an FPS for more than an hour before I'm on the verge of throwing up :(

16. charlesfrench

charlesfrench New Member

I can't imagine playing anything for that period of time. Even every hour or so I need to get up and walk around to stretch my legs. It's also uncomfortable to stare at a screen for that long and hold that puny controller. Congratulations to him though I hope he had a good time and enjoyed himself.

17. DallasFan

DallasFan New Member

Idk if this is something he should be proud of or embarrassed of lol. There's no way I could do something like this. I'd be done after a couple hours.

18. daimashin

daimashin New Member

It's believable. Gamers have been known to spend days on a game without sleep, eat, or rest. Otherwise, we wouldn't have the news about how some of them died from exhaustion. It's very impressive and crazy at the same time, I can never spend more than four hours on a game what's more 38 hours.

19. sidd230

sidd230 Member

With all that motion blur, all I feel is nausea. The main reason I switched to PC. At least I can turn it off.

20. Oakster

Oakster Member

That's a good tip, another way I found to reduce the problem is increasing the FOV (Field of View)