Locations you want a racing game

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by Mason, Oct 12, 2013.

1. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

A desert course would be pretty cool. I don't think there are many games with a desert setting. Adding in an enemy element to the racing would be pretty cool as well.

2. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

Street racing would be tough, especially in cities where the roads are really narrow. I would imagine they would only set the course in highways and parkways surrounding the city. It would be interesting nonetheless.

3. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

Snow course would be weird. I wonder what the driving physics would be like. Or would they not even care about the driving physics at all.

4. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I loved the Japan city track in Grand Turismo. It was so well built, especially having the course in the urban setting with the buildings around the track. I recommend trying that course in GT.

5. Potausen

Potausen Member

I'd really love to do some rallying in Senegal. The dust in the desert will make driving at high speeds beautiful as well as fun. The scenery is also one of a kind, with amazing mountains covering the background.

6. Qdub16

Qdub16 New Member

California would be nice, even though I know it has been done I so many racing games already. Just the view of the Golden Gate or LA skyline is beautiful and with today's graphics technology it would look so gorgeous. The Moon and Mars seem cool and all, but if we're talking realistically, then either California, New York or Japan would even be cool to see done with this age's graphics tech.

7. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

No doubt I do bet it is an interesting location as it is in many other racing games. I will have to check it out in this particular one though so thanks for your suggestion because I am very much impressed with the graphics of this game and I'm sure I will like this map in this one.

8. GenevB

GenevB Member

In Romania there is what the Top Gear's showmen called "the most beautiful road in the world". I would like a race game to feature that map, the roads between the Carpathian mountains, great views with insane roads for drifts.

9. spence88

spence88 Member

This reminds of me of a fan made video of Mario Kart 8. They combined "Star Wars" and "Mario Kart 8" and raced on space. It looks absolutely beautiful and I was blown away given the fact that it's only a fan made video. I have another thread about that, you might want to take a look if you're interested.

10. krnd

krnd Member

I would love to see a racing game based on Caracas, Venezuela. It's one of the countries with the worst traffic and most dangerous streets you will ever see so that'd be interesting. Maybe NFS will make it happen..

11. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

The graphics are incredible in GT games. El Capitan is another awesome based on a real location. There is a track near the waterfront, the name of which I cannot remember, that has some of the most beautiful graphics and scenery I've seen in any video game.

12. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

What of having a racing track in Bolivia? The terrain I've heard is unforgiving which would make winning a race there quite difficult.

Take this as an example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yungas_Road
    I have no doubt that winning a race on such a track would be really thrilling.

13. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I have seen clips of it and I agree. Even back in the day the earlier versions of these games were really the ones pushing the limits of realism and I guess that tradition has carried on and has done them well. What I like about real locations is that it helps with memorization of the area so when you go to the actual places you have somewhat of a familiarity with them already.

14. raceman998

raceman998 Member

I would like a futuristic environment in a racing game. Well, we have already experienced the traditional environment in the racing games but there are only a few racing games with a futuristic look. I would like that type of game.

15. Norjak71

Norjak71 Member

I'd really like an open road race like all the way through route 66 where it is a long straightaway. I love games where you have to weave through tunnels and back alleyways and make sharp turns; however, part of the joy for me is taking a fast car out on the open road and just letting it fly. Perhaps the autobahn in Germany?

16. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

A Need For Speed game would be perfect in that environment. For other games, a crowded city would be a weird setting. The traffic would be idea for a NFS game.

17. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

A prolonged drag race would be pretty interesting. If you add in traffic and having to weave through other cars would be a cool addition. Long straightaways are great to reach maximum speed.

18. raceman998

raceman998 Member

I loved your concept of moon and mars. Well, California is one of the most beautiful places in the world. I would love California-based racing game.

19. raceman998

raceman998 Member

So, what locations you want instead of a crowded place?

20. raceman998

raceman998 Member

Wow! I love the racing games with a good amount of traffic and dangerous street. It will be really amazing. Is there any game with these settings?