Letting your kids play

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by Briggs, Apr 10, 2015.

1. razer

razer Member

Are you kidding me with this ? This game is NOT meant to be played by anything other than adults, considering it has sex, crime, violence, nudity, "inappropriate speech" - need I go on ?
    No sane parent would let their kid play this game, period.

2. pmk1996

pmk1996 Member

I would let them play as soon as they are ready. What I would mind so much is the amount of time they spend playing. As long as they are dine with school work, and are able to make friends and can socialize, then I can allow them to play.

3. kingcool52

kingcool52 Member

And that's your opinion. Period. That may be something you believe in but that does not mean kids do not have to play this game. There are a lot of different things that you can do in this game which does not involve any sort of adult/inappropriate content like driving around. If someone is so concerned about this then you can just watch your child play it. Most parents don't want to bother with that though.

4. Athanas

Athanas Member

As long as he wants to play, I will allow him. I will always guide him until he becomes perfect.

5. killamch89

killamch89 Active Member

Most kids should be nowhere near Grand Theft Auto because they ruin the experience for everyone else. From the constant swearing and stupid tantrums to the personal message spamming and mom insults, they make random lobbies an absolute nightmare to play. Kids should be banned for GTA - end of.

6. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

Well in this regard I am lucky to not have kids and not yet have to deal with that, but I see it everyday. I think most people know not to let them play too much but at the same time they will find a way to if you take it away so it is a tough one. I remember I was not easy to deal with as a kid.

7. fishbate

fishbate Member

I would let them play just as long that there's a time limit lets say an hour or two. I have been playing all these games when i was a kid and i would love them to enjoy the game like i did.

8. overcast

overcast Member

I'd say letting them play in moderation is fine by me. I wont mind that at all. And they should balance play and time for gaming and study properly. If that wroks out then I dont have any issues at all.

9. Slashman8

Slashman8 New Member

As long as they are well-behaved and don't take it too seriously in any way, there is no real harm.

10. overcast

overcast Member

Yes gaming has destroyed many cultures. and they seem to have gone path of the degeneracy. So its better to consider that kids should play but within reasonable limit.

11. Annejk

Annejk New Member

I started playing when I was 11. My parents are against it because it can affect my studies. So maybe in this situation, parents is the only one who can decide.

12. killamch89

killamch89 Active Member

I used to play GTA as a kid and it never affected me one bit because my parents had proper parenting skills which most younger parents lack.

13. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

I would have some pretty big reservations on this one. I have not yet had to deal with that yet as we still have a young one but I do know that it is coming and kind of wonder what my thinking will be then.

14. Slashman8

Slashman8 New Member

I think that has to do a bit with poor parenting than gaming, but yeah. Kids can go too far with gaming.

15. overcast

overcast Member

Getting day job is also good thing. This way kids can ensure they have some future. gaming does not earn money unless you get popular.

16. jakub1

jakub1 Member

It's very difficult to earn decent money

17. Slashman8

Slashman8 New Member

At a regular day job or gaming?

18. walter12

walter12 Active Member

Only a handful of gamers make enough money

19. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

Both unfortunately. I am only kidding though, but still only kind of kidding. I wish I could sub it for just playing games all day though.

20. Slashman8

Slashman8 New Member

Don't we all.