Letting your kids play

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by Briggs, Apr 10, 2015.

1. nytegeek

nytegeek New Member

I wouldn't let my kids play it period. I don't even have it on when they are up and around. Maybe at high school age but even that is pushing it as far as I'm concerned. I don't want to give it a chance to become an issue. You can't predict this stuff regardless of how well you think you know your children.

2. Stoyanow

Stoyanow New Member

I'm a bit too young for kids, but I'd make sure to let them play whatever they want, whenever they want. When I was a kid I played all kinds of gore-infested and violent games, including GTA. I believe I grew up to be quite the person, though.

3. jahanzeb ali qureshi

jahanzeb ali qureshi New Member

I think it all depends that how you teach your children. It is all about the training. You must tell them about the good and bads so they would understand what is good for them. I think there is no age limit for playing a game.

4. tpicks

tpicks Member

I think it also depend on the rate of development of the child. Some children are very clever from tender age and perform exceptionally good at school. In such a case 10 to 12 years maybe a good time to expose them to playing games.

5. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

Well this may not be the best idea, but of course it depends on how old they are. I started playing when I was pretty young and I turned okay, at least I think.

6. Slashman8

Slashman8 New Member

If I had children, I would say around 15 years. That was when I really got in the series, or at least somewhere around that age.

7. sidney

sidney Member

I started playing violent video games when I was 10, so I think I would also allow my kid if I have one to play violent video games at around that age, since it never really influenced me negatively, like I didn't become violent at all while playing it.

8. Shana Peckover

Shana Peckover New Member

It really depends on the child...Too much game time has proven to not be beneficial to health for various reasons. With that being said, I guess It depends on the subject matter too.,Both of my sons are grown. They started gaming around age 10.

9. D Lee

D Lee New Member

Above 10years. By then, my child would have a considerable mind to accumulate what most games feeds our minds..The games will have no controlling impacts like addiction or so on..and he'll have known how to atleast balance time. I'm always fearful of early exposure of games and gaming systems to kids/toddlers.

10. jakub1

jakub1 Member

Violent games can be very detrimental to a child's personality and mindset, it's best not expose them to it early on.

11. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

I don't think GTA games / franchise are the right kind of game for kids, especially for the younger ones. :)

12. kingcool52

kingcool52 Member

Depends on your parenting style, to be honest. I was allowed to play Grand Theft Auto Vice City when I was around 6 or 7, to be honest. But that was mainly because I was just playing around by driving cars around the map. I never really played the story or went to any of the inappropriate places, I don't think they knew about any of the strip clubs etc. If you want to, let your kids play the game but I would supervise them if they are really young to make sure they don't go to any of the inappropriate places

13. jakub1

jakub1 Member

Exactly, the game has a lot of explicit language as well as graphic violence that can affect the child.

14. Haroon

Haroon New Member

I would let my kids play any game at the age of 18.Because this is the age at which we can differentiate between game world and real world.A children should be able to differentiate between the good things and bad evils in the society.

15. Kieranlewix

Kieranlewix Member

If it were up to me, I wouldn't let my kid play till he's about 14. Unfortunately, he is not just going to walk up to me and say he's playing the game. Kids do a lot of things that parents don't know about. I don't see why a kid would even want the parent to know what games he is playing if all they get is a ban from playing. Take GTA V for example, kids know violence is bad and parents wouldn't condone them playing it but that does not stop them from playing it. It does not really matter if he plays or not, I just trust the moral highground he's been raised upon is strong enough to prevent those ideas of violence and obscenity from clouding his judgement.

16. walter12

walter12 Active Member

Well kids have to be monitored during their play time.

17. jakub1

jakub1 Member

This is without question, but i don't think the game is suitable for them.

18. tpicks

tpicks Member

Especially the very young kids they have to watched and guarded while playing. They can easily be carried away to unhealthy or despicable acts.

19. dionnextherese

dionnextherese Member

I played GTA at a very young age and I discovered a lot of new things through the GTA game. So if I were to have kids, I would let them play if they want to regardless of their age.

20. Davidmillernost

Davidmillernost New Member

I think there should be no problem if your child plays this game. There are a lot of other things that do matter. You should realize your children that real life is different than a game and the game is just for entertainment. It is all about, how brought up your child rather than asking for something else.