Keyboard or controller?

Discussion in 'GTA San Andreas' started by CelTek, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Profit5500

Profit5500 New Member

Keyboard is completely old school and I have been using it since I had the 486 DX 1 with 33mhz. I just like and prefer the keyboard over the controller. Its easier for me to use then the console controller I just never could get used to the controller.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Same here. I know that they make special keyboards for gaming. Still, if I were a PC gamer, I don't think I'd go out of my way to buy a specialized gaming keyboard. That money could go to more important things.

3. Profit5500

Profit5500 New Member

The money for specialized keyboards is for those gamers who want to have a better gaming experience. I would not want buy those keyboards unless the money is worth it.

4. moneyman

moneyman New Member

I like playing with a keyboard. Occasionally I also use controller since I a mused to it since I play with a consoles a lot.

5. Goat of Departure

Goat of Departure New Member

I switch between the controller and keyboard actually. I play on my PC so it's natural that I would be using the keyboard and mouse but I sometimes find it to be really tiring on the hands.

Since I'm using a laptop to play my games, it gets too hot on the surface so it becomes rather uncomfortable for me to play a game so I plug in my 360 controller and play that way.

But it also depends on the mission. If I'm in the middle of a gun fight I tend to switch to the keyboard and mouse but if it's just me fooling around Los Santos then I mostly use my controller.

6. RamZor

RamZor Member

I prefer playing the game with a keyboard. I have a better shooting control with my mouse and keyboard.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I understand that, but I have bills to pay and my daughter and dog to take care of. It just seems like it's easier to know what and what not to get for consoles than for PC. I guess that's why I'm not a PC gamer. It overall seems like it's more expensive to be a PC gamer.

8. Nergaahl

Nergaahl New Member

The flight school missions are a pain. I remember I struggled a week to finish them all, ha ha. But you get used to flying in time and those missions will eventually become a piece of cake. I just finished them with a keyboard, it's my preferred gaming input method. But if you feel better with a controller, you can use one too. I could never fly with one.

9. Larrel94

Larrel94 Member

I personally prefer using a controller because the greater amount of control you are given. You just can't get that with WASD + Mouse. I always go for a controller in non-multiplayer titles.

10. Profit5500

Profit5500 New Member

With PC I do like the creativity to what look I can give to my PC. I just have been a PC person since birth so this is where I have been with every since. I just get along better with a keyboard and mouse then I have with a controller.

11. edthebig

edthebig Member

Well I used that Ps2 controller for so long that I actually don't think I could be good with the keyboard. But I said the same thing with shooting games and now I excel in mouse and keyboard. I guess you will have to wait and see.

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

Ah, I see. To each their own, I guess. The PC gaming experience does look like fun. It just doesn't seem practical for me, at this point in my life. It's not a terrible loss. I can still watch those PC games being played by Let's Players on Youtube.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I agree. I feel like I can control better with a controller too. I prefer using some buttons, some triggers, and analog sticks, than keys on a keyboard and a mouse. It doesn't feel as direct as a controller.

14. pedanticGal

pedanticGal New Member

I never tried using a controller for playing GTA but I want one. I think it's much more comfortable than the keyboard. I'm tired of the keyboard. I might get a controller for the PC to play GTA and my other PC games.

15. Profit5500

Profit5500 New Member

I never have a problem having fun with the PC. You have to have some knowledge about a PC before sitting and using it.

16. Nevi

Nevi New Member

I prefer keyboard + mouse on games with gun crosshairs like this GTA, it is so easy to shoot than the controller but that's just me.

17. 93simon

93simon New Member

I used keyboard for the longest time. I was born playing with keyboard. I got my first console only in 2008, for GTA IV so I've always been used to classic WASD + mouse. Also, I found it convenient when using trainers because activating a cheat was just a matter of remembering the keybinding instead of typing the whole thing or tapping a long combinations of joystick buttons.

18. sglider12

sglider12 New Member

I prefer the mouse and keyboard. To me, GTA games are much more difficult to control with a controller. I feel like running is super awkward to do with a controller. Keyboard and mouse are just more natural.

19. shreklock

shreklock Member

Keyboard and mouse. Probably because I've never played with a controller for more than a hours. In my opinion controller is best for driving, flying and maybe sailing, because on the keyboard you can't make minor course corrections or turn to either side just a little.

20. 93simon

93simon New Member

If you are flying you could do minor corrections by moving the mouse. They should include this feature even for land and sea vehicles, I wouldn't mind trying this kind of driving control. Who knows, maybe adjusting the mouse sensitivity correctly it may result in an innovative way of getting around.