Is this game okay?

Discussion in 'GTA Chinatown Wars' started by Blacklist#25, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Blacklist#25

Blacklist#25 New Member

I'm not really a fan of the over head camera display so I'm not really sure if I wanted to play this game. Among all the GTA games I think this one is the only version that I never played. So is this game a must have or just okay to pass?

2. Servace

Servace New Member

I really did not enjoy the game at all. I was getting a headache just playing this game. I just hope one day they remake this game into a normal GTA playing style.

3. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

I liked it alot actually. I honest cant get into gta 1 and 2 but I really liked Chinatown Wars.

4. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I liked this game a lot as well. If you expect it to be a handheld version of the 3D games you're going to be disappointed though. I used to play GTA2 back in the day, so the top-down view isn't so foreign to me. The story wasn't great, but it was enough to keep the game fun.

5. Larrel94

Larrel94 Member

Depends, if you're playing GTA games on a modern day smartphone, you might as well go grab San Andreas or Vice City if you're into the fullblown 3D worlds. If you have a Nintendo DS or PSP, grab this and see how you like it. It just might tickle your fancy.

6. joebel

joebel New Member

It's ok to pass if you really don't want to play it (it's not an essential GTA game in my opinion), however it is extremely fun to play in your free time on the move.

7. ZXD22

ZXD22 New Member

I actually own the Nintendo DS version of China Wars, but it depends if you are a fan of GTA with the top-down camera style. I personally do enjoy it, but compared to the other GTA games, it is in my opinion, average.

8. niiro17

niiro17 Member

I actually enjoyed this game. At first, I was like wth but it turned okay.

9. RamZor

RamZor Member

The game is pretty good, but there are better GTA games to play.

10. Nevi

Nevi New Member

Personally, i do not like this game, the over head camera is giving me headache but it's just me.

11. Paul Swedjen

Paul Swedjen New Member

GTA Chinatown Wars is one of the best selling games on both the PSP and the Nintendo DS. Granted, even GTA veterans who grew up on GTA I and GTA II find this game immensely different from the core franchise, but trust me on this one: if you take some time out to play this game, I am almost completely sure that you will love this game. There are lots of missions to do, lots of mini-games to find and complete, and the little details in the game will have you finding something new to enjoy possibly even halfway through a second play-through. Even now, I pick this game up from time to time to play the drug dealing mini-game, one of the most fun things I have ever played.​

12. Glen

Glen New Member

It's one of the lamer ones, but GTA is still GTA. It's fun if you don't really have much to do at the time or if you're away, since the game is on mobile devices. The gameplay isn't great, but it's always fun to just mess around in it.

13. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I agree with some people here who say that it's lamer. Not really something that I'd go for personally. It just doesn't really seem like it's anything fun and special. Just a plain old average GTA game. Nothing really good to it.

14. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

I loved it. If you feel comfortable playing games on your mobile device, then pick it up, the game was made from scratch to portable devices and it's really one of the best if not the best portable game.

15. sidney

sidney Member

I actually think that it's an ok game, you should try it sometime, it's as good as the other GTA games.

16. dionnextherese

dionnextherese Member

There are a lot of mixed reactions regarding this game. But for me, it's okay to play this game. I kind of liked it, there are other GTA games that are worth it than this one.

17. walter12

walter12 Active Member

Yes there a lot of mixed reactions but the game is not bad.

18. pmk1996

pmk1996 Member

All GTA games have almost similar concepts so if you loved their other games then you should love this one. However... People are different. You love the game.

19. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

You are bound to get some mixed reviews with things like this, but I will also say it is not really my first choice, or second. It is worth a chance though and it might appeal to you.

20. walter12

walter12 Active Member

I agree, there are always mixed reviews