Is Mario Kart 64 the Best Racing Game?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by tgthewriter1, Apr 1, 2016.

1. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I'm a huge fan of the GT series, mostly because of it's real driving physics, but I understand that it can be a huge turnoff for a lot of people. I find the challenge of it really fun, while I understand why having to break fully into a turn can by extremely annoying. It's always more fun to play arcade style games like Mario Kart where there a bunch of different things you can do.

pwarbi likes this.
  2. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

The simulation part of the GT series is what I enjoy the most aswell, but like I'ee mentioned before on the forum I'm a bit of a racing geek.

I actually enjoy doing lap after lap and changing different settings in order to beat my lap times, and can spend hours just doing that. I do enjoy the arcade style games, but the simulators are more my kind of racing game.

3. raceman998

raceman998 Member

I have played this game many times and I must say that this is a wonderful game but you can not call it the best racing game ever. I love the environment of the game and that is why I play this game daily.

4. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I agree. It's great for what it is but it's a niche like most others and it just depends on what particular sub genre you favor the most. I myself prefer arcade type games but ones that are less cartoony like burnout so I would consider those my best racing games of all time.