Is it worth the money to buy a 3DS?

Discussion in 'Portable Gaming' started by primaLucid, Dec 14, 2014.

1. primaLucid

primaLucid New Member

I would use it mostly for Pokemon. The price tag is a bit hefty, but the graphics look amazing and the new Pokemon games are just too hard to ignore. Does anyone own a 3DS? Any problems with the 3DS?

2. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I think it is if you're a big fan of Nintendo games. If you're unsure then it might be better to just buy one second hand though since the prices for used consoles tend to be a lot lower.

3. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

I would tell you yes! Right now I think that the 3DS is the best thing that Nintendo has going for them right now. Get one you will not regret it.

4. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I remember trying out the 3DS. An old friend of mine let me try his out. I think it was pretty cool, but it's quite pricey.

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yeah they are really paying a lot of attention to this device so anyone who buys it can be secure in knowing that they can get a lot of value from it but as burtpovski has mentioned it's a bit pricey.

6. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I just checked the price of a 3DS. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's about $200 USD! That's pretty high up there in terms of pricing.

7. niiro17

niiro17 Member

If you like the games on 3ds, I'm sure it's worth the money to buy 3ds.

8. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Member

It's worth it if you know the kinds of games you like. Any system is worth it just so long as you know your taste. Every system and handheld these days has something for everyone.

9. mssfgaming

mssfgaming Member

The 3DS is a great handheld console in my opinion. Nintendo shows a great line up when it comes to their handheld consoles and the 3DS is no exception. The handheld console is a great addition to Nintendo's legacy and the fact that this came out when the Wii U was under great discretion on whether it could be successful or not, makes it better than it already is, because I truly believe that the 3DS really did revive Nintendo what looked to be a very bad situation. Great games, great handheld console, it's definitely worth it.

10. troutski

troutski Active Member

Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop. Postloop.

11. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I like that the games on Nintendo have a kind of signature style that sets it apart from mobile games and Sony or ms games. Playing on 3ds definitely affords you a very unique experience that you can't get anywhere else.

12. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I'm pretty sure it's worth it if you like Nintendo games and a few of the gems the 3ds has. I've spent countless amounts of time on it since the day I got it. That's a lot considering I only have about 4 games on it.

13. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I did this with my PSP as well. There are tons of good games on there, I know, but the ones that really appealed to me personally were just under 10 and I circulated those a whole lot.

14. spectre456

spectre456 Member

Oh, the psp was an amazing little machine. I played so many games on it. My favorites were Kingdom Hearts and Valkyria Chronicles 2.
    That's why it's sad that I dropped it a few months ago and it broke.

15. gats

gats Member

I would only buy it if there are games that you really want to play. I bought a 3ds and ended up only playing a couple games and I got bored.

16. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yeah I really favor my PSP over 3ds since games there were more my speed. I've already lost mine a long time ago but I'd gladly buy a new one and replay every game I ever liked there.

17. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I know this is kind of old but I wanted to chime in with an opinion - if you're gonna buy a 3DS for the sole purpose of playing Pokemon games then you're better off not getting one, it's a waste of money.

18. Scooby Snack

Scooby Snack Member

I'd say go for it if you want to buy it...still some good games out there, but I'm not aware of how long Nintendo plans on continuing to support the system...

19. rz3300

rz3300 Member

At this point I would have to say no. I mean it is ultimately a personal decision and it really depends on your budget, but I have just been unimpressed overall with the 3DS and I can think of other ways to spend my money. Like others have said as well, make sure you know that you would have games that you want to play.

20. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Definitely, if you're a fan of some of the exclusive games like Pokemon, Harvest Moon, Monster Hunter 4+. I will agree that the graphics aren't always the best though.