Is it worth picking up GTAV again for PC?

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by Thok, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Thok

Thok New Member

I already own GTAV on PS3, but I've been considering re-buying it for PC. I figure the superior graphics and improved control options like using a keyboard and mouse to shoot for example may make it worth it. I'm not really sure if there's a mod community yet but that is definitely something that would make me consider picking it up. Maybe I'll wait for a Steam sale or something since I already own it.

2. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I don't think it's worth to re-buy it just yet. The only difference right now is the superior graphics it has compared to the console versions of the game. If I was in your place I would wait a few months for the mod community to do its thing and buy it when it's on sale.

3. Thok

Thok New Member

Okay, thanks. I have it bookmarked in steam so they should alert me when it goes on sale. I think I can justify paying $30 for it.

4. troutski

troutski Active Member

Honestly, I'd would buy it again. I actually did buy it again. :p I think the true value of the game is more than double its retail price, considering how much content you can access for free. I don't mind buying the game twice at all.

5. Chia555

Chia555 New Member

If you really love it then yeah it would be worth it for the graphics upgrade and extra content that mods might give you in the future. It will definitely be a better all around experience compared to the console version.

6. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I guess it's a matter of opinion but personally I wouldn't buy it again if you've already got it on PS4. There actual game isn't any different so I couldn't really justify paying that price again for the same game.

When it comes down in price I may consider it though.

7. Thok

Thok New Member

Well, I only have it on PS3 not PS4 so there would be a significant improvement in graphics. Although I probably don't play often enough to justify the purchase I guess. Well, we'll see if I feel like it when it goes on sale.

8. Aladar

Aladar New Member

I think I'm at agreement with others. If you don't want to pay $60 for it, then I would probably buy it on sale. The graphics improvement really is absolutely massive (even though I usually don't care about graphics, I think they really do enhance the experience when it comes to this game), and you can mod the game. I don't think the FPS view is useful, though, but YMMV.

9. Briggs

Briggs New Member

I would if that was what I had to do to play with my good friends. Otherwise, personally, I would stick to the console

10. niiro17

niiro17 Member

Yep, you definitely should because PC is the best. Having more fps, doesn't lag, beautiful graphics and last one is the mods. I love the mods of the game, but the downside is the hackers. PC can be full of hackers but I wish Rockstar will do something about this problem.

11. MrGravyCakes

MrGravyCakes New Member

I like the first person view, especially when driving. It makes it a bit strange to drive but it is easy to get used to. People in multiplayer like to crash into you and ram you off the road in races and they also like to shoot you whenever they see you in game, but if you keep safe then you will be fine and always bank your money! If you want 1st person view then it is worth it, but the online issues suck a bit :(

12. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

Personally I wouldn't say that it's a good idea. If you already have it on your gaming console, I don't really see why you would want to buy it again on the PC. Unless you have buddies to play with or you have money to spare, then I wouldn't buy it.

13. rightct

rightct New Member

Let me just tell you that the experience you live on console is way lesser than what you actually get to on PC.
    I just find that controller buttons are too weirdly-made for GTA V's demand, so I'd always choose PC in the detriment of XBOX, PS or any other console, generally.
    I'm not a PC fanboy, it's just my personal preference, and I don't try to change others' view.

14. blastguardgear

blastguardgear New Member

Only if you're into graphic upgrades and mods. Right now, rockstar seems to be making it tough on PC games with the banning of many mods (even single player ones by mistake). I know personally I won't buy it a third time.

I bought it on the PS3, then again on the PS4. Had I known they were gone to pull that crap I'd have never bought the PS3 version. So no way in hell am I buying it a third time.

15. madman003

madman003 New Member

Well I own both GTA V for xbox 360 and PC and I must say that it is a complete overhaul of the game. The wildlife around the world is all over the place from cats, dogs, and deer to whales, sharks and birds the whole world feels more realistic with all the new wildlife. The high resolution graphics for GTA 5 are simply stunning, Ive watched many comparison video's and Im still just blown away by how much better the game looks for the PC than it did for xbox 360! You'll also enjoy first person mode which adds a whole new realism to GTA, it reminded me of playing Battlefield 4 but instead of military vehicles you are just driving through a major city. Also you'll get to be right on the front lines with the mod community, you'll be able to experience all new game modes, models, and abilities with these new mods. Not to mention you now have a movie editor which releases with the PC version, there are countless amounts of new things to do and see in GTA V PC. I haven't even scratched the surface, if I were you I would get the game, it would be well worth it.

16. tarverten

tarverten New Member

No, it's not worth it. Rockstar has announced that the things that were meant to be exclusive the the PC version are being made for Playstation and Xbox this summer. So not only did PC gamers have to wait 2+ years, now the thing that made their version stand out won't be their own anymore.

17. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine New Member

Only if you don't have this on the PS4 or XB1 already is it worth it. No game is ever worth double dipping on. That's just one of the ways these companies have been taking advantage of us.

18. Marie Howard

Marie Howard New Member

Yes. Buying the PC version of GTA 5 will worth it. If you want to play gta 5 on max graphics settings then you should definitely buy the PC version.

19. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I bought the version for PC just for the sake of the mods. I think it will be quite interesting to see what developers can add to the game and I also enjoy playing it more on PC.

20. Obi

Obi New Member

I'd wait until the summer sale. While the price is not going to go down by much, by that time you'll be able to pick from the best of the mods and the community will be thriving during the holidays.