is it worth it to buy a new pc just for GTA V?

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by aeonx, Apr 15, 2015.

1. jamiew23

jamiew23 New Member

Wow now that is dedication!

As said before if you really want to play it that bad then go for it but you won't have to buy a top of the range one to be able to play it. Just make sure you check the system requirements before buying anything :)

2. srofltank

srofltank New Member

I don't think it's worth it to buy a new PC just to dedicate it to one game whatsoever. However, I can guarantee you that you'll end up playing so much other games than GTA V in the end with your new PC. You can get a decent PC for GTA V at around ~$600 maybe.

3. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 New Member

In my opinion, just for this game, it is not worth it. You can buy a cheap x360 far cheaper. You should only get a new PC if you actually plan on playing other demanding games too.

4. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I am going to say no. If you going to buy a new PC just for this game, you must be super rich.

5. JusApee

JusApee New Member

Worth for me! Well, I actually got it as a gift, so yeah, I guess I'm lucky. It's definitely worth buying for PC if you intend on playing it.

6. Qoelet

Qoelet New Member

Hell yeah. It's a beautiful, vast game that should have more than enough to keep you playing for ages, ensuring you get your money's worth.

I remember buying an Xbox 360 purely for GTA IV. I just played it endlessly as there was always something to do. GTAV has so much more, the map is huge, the graphics incredible... So it should be amazing on a great PC.

Not to mention online is so much better, and regularly updated and enhanced.

7. Destiny

Destiny New Member

It would be cheaper just to buy a gaming console. I think that's easier to play the game on than a computer and lags a lot less. Unless, you're buying a really expensive gaming computer.

1 person likes this.
  8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Console is the way to go for me aswell, as even though a lot of people do play GTA on the PC, I'm just not sure that it works all that well.

I know my opinion isn't going to be popular amongst the PC brigade, but it is what it is, and just my opinion.

9. raceman998

raceman998 Member

I would not suggest you to buy an entire computer just for a single game but you can surely upgrade your current configs of your PC. For example, you can upgrade your RAM from 4 to 8GB. 8GB RAM is enough for GTA 5. You can also upgrade you processor from 2.5Ghz to 3GHz. You can also buy console if you want.

10. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

Yeah, I'd say so. With your computer you're not going to play the game very smoothly and the graphics won't be that good. If you have the money, buy new specs. You'll use them not only in GTA but for other games and your pc will be way faster.

11. Norjak71

Norjak71 Member

For your specific PC yes. I mean, you could technically try to run it but it would be incredibly slow as far as frame-rate goes. My suggestion is get a mid-range PC if your just buying it for that specific game, the game actually runs pretty smoothly on mid-range as long as you tinker around with your settings a bit. The setup is the hardest part but you can always run a benchmark test. I have a beast of a PC and I cant even max out the settings. I think you really need dual video cards in order to max out. RAM is just as important too.

Also, download a game booster too, you wouldn't believe the difference they make. They are free and you can get a Razer Game Booster and you will shoot up the FPS instantly, it basically closes down all unneeded applications running in the background and you can have a turbo boost too on it too. You should be in the market for around a $700-800 PC, and then you can always upgrade it later too.

12. frostie

frostie New Member

I would say so. If you think about it, it wouldn't just be for gta v, as the computer would probably last a few years (if you build a good one) so you will get a lot of use out of it. As for building a PC, I would 100% recommend it having done so myself. You can save a lot of money while having a lot of fun and control over your pc. To get started, head over to reddit, /r/buildapcforme and /r/buildapc are both very helpful communities who will guide you through the process helping you select the best parts and leading you to the best pc building guides. Good luck!

13. krnd

krnd Member

With so many new games coming up and GTA V being so gpu intensive you should definitely considering buying the parts to build a new PC. If I were you I would wait for deals such as black friday, that's when you can really get the best bang for your buck!