Is it worth getting for the iPad?

Discussion in 'GTA Chinatown Wars' started by bsthebenster, Jun 22, 2014.

1. ProNine

ProNine New Member

Unlike the other games, this is more enjoyable being played on a touch screen. I tried it and the controls were easy to use.

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Yeah, I recommend it. I played it on my friends iPad and the game looked pretty nice. The controls were also very good and overall it's an enjoyable game.

3. rightct

rightct New Member

Well, truth be said, it's quite enjoyable playing the game on a rather small device. I reckon it's even more enjoyable playing it on a huge tablet, it's definitely a plus. The game itself is quite nice and enjoyed playing it on PC, and now that I can have it everywhere I want to, it's quite pleasant.

4. hansenlaw

hansenlaw New Member

It's definitely worth it, I bought it a while back and I have about 26 hours on the game. All on the way to work sitting on the subway. It doesn't take up too much of your battery life too, depending on how much brightness you use. But still, definitely worth the price

5. niiro17

niiro17 Member

Not really. The game is short and also a top down view. But if you really want to play it, I guess you should.

6. Viorel2

Viorel2 New Member

I haven't tried it on an Ipad but I have tried it on an android phone, and the touch controls really do go along that well with the game. It's not that much fun without actual physical buttons that don't cover the screen.

7. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Definitely. It's a really sweet game, similar to the original Grand Theft Auto and its sequel, but it also has the added smug feeling of the newer titles. Also, I managed to play it on a small iPhone 3GS, so you shouldn't have any issues on an iPad.

8. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzels New Member

It depends on how much it will set you back, but I gave it a shot and was happily surprised so I'd recommend giving it a try. For a mobile game it really has no competition in terms of studios great aspirations, and as a GTA game at the least it is a unique change up.

9. sidney

sidney Member

Well it can be played on a tablet with ease, since it's made specifically for the Nintendo DS, so you'll have no problem playing it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2017
  10. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

If you're not a very picky person (because some features are usually limited :oops:), I think the iPad is a great option. ;)

11. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

For some reason, even though I think of myself as not picky, I have a feeling I may be when it comes to trying this. My gaming tends to bring out that pickiness.

12. Shine_Spirit

Yeah. I think it is best for each person to play and create their own conclusions. Other people's feedbacks are important, but they can not be decisive.

13. jakub1

jakub1 Member

Well it depends entirely on how you want to play the game, as for me i don't think it's worth it for the price.

14. Shine_Spirit

Good point of view! Well... If we consider the financial aspect, it really is not a good idea because it's quite expensive. :oops:

15. kingcool52

kingcool52 Member

Someone above me said that the controls on touch screen were easy. It depends on the person, to be honest. When I played it on my phone it was really tough and uncomfortable. My phone screen was a decent size too and not too small. Obviously, with a tablet, you get a lot of space with the screen size but its still not easy. Try the game out. With the Google Play Store, you can get a refund for the game within an hour, I'm not too sure if it is the same with the Apple App Store.

16. jakub1

jakub1 Member

Other than being expensive, i don't the gaming experience will be that much better.

17. Shine_Spirit

Yeah! I mean, If we are going to make a cost-benefit relationship really it definitely won't be worth it.

18. jakub1

jakub1 Member

That's the problem with most devices nowadays they are expensive just for the sake of it.

19. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

Well when you bring up the costs associated with it, then it is definitely not worth it. Maybe in a couple of years prices will start to come down though.

20. jakub1

jakub1 Member

The cost dictate the value of a lot of items, and in this case it's not even close to being worth it.