If you could make a racing game..

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by rossonomous, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Gin0710

Gin0710 Member

If I were to create a racing game it would be the complete opposite of racing cars, boats, etc. I would create a racing game that involved sack racing, three-legged, egg racing, etc. It would be like a kids game. It could be called "Field Day" or "Relay Races". Wouldn't that be fun? It'd be cool for Kinect and the Wii. Okay no one steal my idea. Unless someone came up with it already.

2. Larrel94

Larrel94 Member

I would make my game a mixture of Burnout Paradise with open world mechanics, but have real racing tracks you can visit to have more serious, linear races. You can drive around the city and have some more Burnout-esque events, but go over to the race track for REAL racing.

3. Gin0710

Gin0710 Member

How about an actual running race? Where you have to run in front of the sensor and it tracks how fast you're going and such. That'd be cool too. Like a marathon or something. I'm sure that's out already.

4. TheViper

TheViper Member

The game would be something very similar to Burnout: Paradise. Though, there will be a plot that advances to other levels or maps. One of the levels will be racing in your car to where you have to reach a certain speed. Once you reach then you begin to rise and fly to your next check point or something.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I'd make an open world game where you can join street races, but I'd also make it so that you could play dirty, take shortcuts and sabotage other racers because I'm kind of a troll and I think it would be fun.

Gin0710 likes this.
  6. primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974 Member

My own game would be a MMORPG that had much more than just racing. The focal point would still be the track, but there would be a world around it. Your character could walk around outside the track, in a city. Pay negotiations and who you wanted to race could be figured amongst the players. There might even be player-run sponsors. The game would have a money and point system that required one to race and try to win, and you would not advance without it, but neither would you be penalized if you didn't.

7. Sparkster

Sparkster Member

To be honest I was never really into the free-roam open driving thing, I always found games like that to be a little on the boring side with the exception of games like GTA and Saints Row, although they're not really racing games. I do have the ability to make a racing game but I just don't have enough time on my hands. However, I did make a post just now about maybe starting up another free online racing games website. If I get the opportunity in the future I may start working on developing a racing game but I doubt that'll be for a few years yet.

8. bocat

bocat New Member

A few million dollars for a gallardo with a shark body kit. lol

9. JohnnyHopkins

JohnnyHopkins Member

I would make it open world and you would be free to drive where ever you like. I would have open fields and such or like the GTA map and users could create unique race tracks like how they do it. I would add really unique missions as well like heists, something GTA is yet to do themselves in online...:mad:

10. theGIJST

theGIJST Member

I would make it an open world game, where you can customize your cars with proper realistic handling, and of course, clutch and gearbox support if you have a steering wheel with a clutch pedal. The Crew comes closest to my perfect racing game on PC, but sadly, the handling in that game looks horrible. If they could just improve the handling, and make it a lot more realistic, a lot like Forza Horizon 2 (I love drifting), I would buy that game in an instant. However, now, I am deciding whether I should buy the game or not. The handling is the most important part of a racing game, and if that's no good, the game is no good.

11. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I would make a combination of the two. I love roaming in an open world at high speeds, but sometimes you just want to race, and having to drive from one place to another can get annoying. So, what I would do is what some games have already done before. Give players an open world, but also an option to jump straight to the races if they want.

12. Rockhem

Rockhem Member

I would make a racing game where you would have to lean out the window and shoot your opponents and stuff. But the catch is, when you lean out the window, you get much less control of the vehicle. So if you are always shooting at your opponents, you could easily lose control of the vehicle. The upgrades would be stuff like bullet resistant doors and glass.

13. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

If I could make a racing game then I'd make it a tournament style kind of racing. The winner would get some goodies at the end of each race and be able to get a better car or upgrade the one they already have.

I think such a game would make racing even more fun because the goal of the player is to be crowned champion at the end of the competition. Who doesn't want the feeling that comes with that even if you are crowned champion in the virtual world?

14. primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974 Member

Denis, don't racing games generally do that already? I am not trying to shoot your idea down, but I would want something a little different. Winning races usually rewards you with money and upgrades, but what if you had to do something different for the upgrades like "mini-missions" as a human character? I need more depth to my racing games than simply making a turn on the track.

15. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

Come to think of it . . . yeah something like that would definitely be cool. For me though, the thrill of racing and winning is good enough for me.

16. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Member

I think I would go the open world concept, but follow some guidelines in the players making their own tracks. Have like a big world that's a whole stage and let the creativity of the player flourish. Kind of like Little Big Planet, where they submit their own stuff that the other players could try out. Also, there would be obstacles and traps to make it all the more exciting.

17. Sparkster

Sparkster Member

I quite like the sound of this idea. A game where you have to lean out of the window whilst driving to shoot at people, perhaps on a driveby mission, sounds quite appealing. Not only would you have less control of the car, but you would also have to watch that your head doesn't get taken off by a passing lorry! lol.

18. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I'd make an open world racing game. It gives you more freedom when you play the game. You won't be forced to finish a mission that you're stuck on.

19. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I've seen some racing games use this idea before but none that actually fleshed it out and made something really decent and addictive. I'd love to see developers use current technology to achieve this somehow because it gives a fresh angle on racing games.

20. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

I think that I would make it a game that you can go open world if you like or you could get involved in a tournament or something. I just think that this would be something that would be really fun and it would have something for the people that like the open world kind of game and it would have something of the people that like the tournament style of gameplay.

21. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I love this franchise and I honestly liked it a little more when it wasn't open world. I liked having to pick races from the menu instead of having to drive to them but it's a small detail that I can look over. The part I really miss is the crash mode.