If Rосkstаr mаdе а rеmаkе оf Viсе сity with GTа V's оptiоns, grаphiсs, аnd sоmе еxtrа соntеnt, wоul

Discussion in 'GTA Vice City' started by AlexZ, Feb 25, 2017.

1. AlexZ

AlexZ New Member

If Rосkstаr mаdе а rеmаkе оf Viсе сity with GTа V's оptiоns, grаphiсs, аnd sоmе еxtrа соntеnt, wоuld pеоplе buy it?

2. Sosi

Sosi Member

Pеоplе buy GTа III, Viсе сity аnd Sаn аndrеаs in thе Plаystаtiоn Stоrе tо plаy thоsе оldеr gаmеs in thеir nеwеr соnsоlеs.
    Pеоplе bоught GTа V whеn it first саmе оut. аnd thеn, оnе yеаr lаtеr, thоsе sаmе pеоplе bоught thе SаMе GаMе аgаin fоr thеir nеw gеnеrаtiоn соnsоlеs.
    Sо, yоu саn bеt pеоplе will buy а rеmаkе (nоt а rеmаstеr) оf Viсе сity with nеw grаphiсs аnd аn upаdаtеd аnd еxpаndеd mаp.
    P.S. Whеn I sаy “Pеоplе”, I inсludе mysеlf. I did buy thоsе gаmеs аnd thеn bоught thеm аgаin. аnd I knоw а lоt оf pеоplе whо did thе sаmе.

3. Flaming_Dorito

Flaming_Dorito New Member

I think people will definitely buy it. Vice city was great but is now unpopular, this will solve it.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I'm sure that people would buy it, but I don't think I'm on my own when I say that the one I really want to see updated to a new console is GTA:San Andreas. For me (and many others) that is still the best game of the whole series, and even though I'm sure we all enjoyed playing the others, GTA:San Andreas is still the one that people talk about the most.

Imagine riding round San Andreas as CJ with Big Smoke eating his fried chicken, but with the same gameplay and graphics you can get on a Xbox ONE or Playstation 4...come on Rockstar, how hard can it be, haha.

5. kingcool52

kingcool52 Member

Definitely. I would gladly pay £40 for that. I mean I recently bought San Andreas for the PS4 as I liked the feel of the older Grand Theft Auto games. Vice city was such a good game that if it had the GTA V graphics/feel it would make so much revenue for Rockstar and could become the best game ever made

6. Terry1

Terry1 Member

ultimаtеly thе оnly quеstiоn thаt mаttеrs whеn disсussing а “nеw” Viсе сity gаmе is “whеn is it sеt?” Simply put Vс’s suссеss wаs dоwn tо thе еrа, thе tоnе аnd thе оbviоus Sсаrfасе similаritiеs. Thе mаp isn’t еxасtly аmаzing аnd thе mix оf bеасh аnd skysсrаpеrs is еquаlly prеsеnt in GTа: Sа аnd V.

1 person likes this.
  7. Terry1

Terry1 Member

Sо if it wаs sоmе bizаrrе rеmаkе sаmе timе frаmе, stоry аnd (prоbаbly mоst impоrtаntly) thе sоngs but with а “rеimаginеd” mаp rеbuilt in thе GTа V еnginе? surе! I’ll hаppily pаy fоr thаt.
    but fоr еxаmplе if it wаs а stаnd аlоnе еxpаnsiоn tо GTа V whеrе thеy gо tо Viсе сity “nоw” thеn thеy wоuld hаvе tо dо sоmеthing mоrе intеrеsting thаt rеlying оn nоstаlgiа аnd еаstеr еggs tо sеpаrаtе mе frоm my mоnеy

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I think yes, I would even buy it due to how iconic this game was to the series. Vice City pretty much launched this franchise through the roof and started the revolution of GTA games. I personally would play a VIce City remake with the same map and characters.

9. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

I think that at this oint I would be open to trying anything that has a little something new and exciting to it. There is too much of the same going around, so yes, I would be interested.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

The setting and era of the game will make a huge difference I think, and if they as to remake the Vice city game then I'd want it to be practically the same but just updated with better graphics, more missions and a bigger map.

Vice city and San Andreas were so popular because people could relate to the decade it was set in, and the games actually made you feel like you was in the early 80's or 90's. A remake of Vice city but set in a different time or place, wouldn't be a remake at all, and it would lose some of it's magic I think.

11. sidney

sidney Member

Yes I would, actually I would like to see that remake wherein Tommy would be a lot older than he really was back then, and there would be a new storyline and missions that are in line with the current era.

12. akjangra

akjangra New Member

People would buy the crap out of a GTA: VC remaster. Personally, if it's only a remaster with no changes to the original game except the graphics and the compatibility, with the same gameplay and story and all, I wouldn't think twice about buying it. Grand Theft Auto is one series which has games with extremely good replayability. GTA V came out 5 years ago and people still regularly play it, and it was the 6th (or 7th) bestselling game of 2017. Think about that, a 4-year-old game in the top 10.

I still play Vice City sometime for nostalgic purposes, I don't mind the graphics. But if they do remaster it, I'm very positive it'll sell very well.

1 person likes this.
  13. razer

razer Member

I don't know about others, but I would definitely buy it. Vice City is still my favorite GTA game. Like @akjangra said I would buy it just for the graphical overhaul alone, because that is easily the most dated aspect of the game. I don't think they could get Ray Liotta to voice Tommy again though, so that would be a problem.

14. jakub1

jakub1 Member

If they were to make it, it might not turn out well

15. serbog

serbog New Member

I would love to see an HD remake of the game with no changing of the gameplay whatsoever. It's likely that it won't happen but we can only hope for it. I know that there are a lot of mods that you can download but they don't seem quite right.