I went from original GTA to V!

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by primalclaws1974, Aug 18, 2015.

1. primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974 Member

I am old, as you can probably ascertain. I am 41. When I was a kid, I played the original, which was from an aerial-view, looking down. The game was probably made for Super Nintendo, but I am not sure about that. My son and a friend played all the later versions, so I was aware of them, and learned quite a bit through them, but I never played. When I got V, I became interested, mainly because of the huge map. I am not hooked, and have played for months. Have you played all the versions or have you skipped some?

2. Cyrus

Cyrus New Member

I have never played the original GTA games, but I have played all of the newer ones (III and up.) How do you like GTA V? Do you feel like the newer games still have the original feel of the older ones?

3. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I've played every GTA except one. I tried playing the first one a few times, but it just felt so outdated I wasn't having any fun with it.

I'm surprised you're not enjoying GTAV. Is there anything specific that you don't like about it?

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I also remember playing the original GTA aswell with the top down view, and it's fair to say the game, and technology itself as come a long way since then. I feel like I've grown with the GTA series as I've played them all at one point or another, and while GTA V is already a classic game, for me, San Andreas is still probably the best of the series.

5. primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974 Member

I didn't say I didn't enjoy V. As a matter of fact it was one of the only modern games I play right now. If you compared the original and II to the rest of series you might as well be comparing apples to oranges. I love large map games, which until recent years could only be found in mmorgs such as Ultima Online and World of Warcraft. I was telling my son yesterday that when I was his age I would never have imagined such games could exist!