How would you rate Vice City?

Discussion in 'GTA Vice City' started by burtpovski, Jun 16, 2015.

1. alaineman

alaineman New Member

When it was released it was a solid 9. Had way too much fun with the game. The story was good and the replayability was insane. Though some bits of the game were a little off.

2. rajesh1209

rajesh1209 Member

I would rate it 10/10. I really loved the graphics of the game. The concept of the game was really awesome. The soundtrack of the game was also very addictive. In my opinion, the newer versions of the game were much better than the older ones. I would rate the series 9/10. (overall rating for entire series).

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

When people talk about the GTA games, I remember that at the time it came out it was given rave reviews and rightly so, but it seems as though people have forgotten how good it actually was, and what it did for the GTA series as a whole.

4. spectre456

spectre456 Member

Back in the day it was a 9/10 for me. Nowadays it really shows its age not only in graphics but in controls as well, so it would go down to a 7. That's just my opinion though.

5. FenWoFon

FenWoFon New Member

I would actually give it aseven since I did not finish the whole game, even if I had completed it I would still give it a 8/10 because the graphics were not that good and also the storyline itself.

6. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I'd give Vice City a solid 9/10. I thought the missions, storyline, characters, and gameplay were top notch. I would give it a 10 if the world were a little bigger, but overall, it is one of the best GTA games ever. I wouldn't change much about the game.

7. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I know exactly what you mean, but you have to judge the game based on the context of the time it was made and which console. Of course it's not going to be as good as the newer games made for more capable consoles. For the time it was made, it's certainly one of the best games ever made.

8. learntoshootsmoke

learntoshootsmoke New Member

At the time of it's release I would have given it a 10/10. It was great, and very much an improvement over III. Tommy Vercetti as the main character was leaps and bounds better than previous silent protagonist Claude.

9. puneeth8994

puneeth8994 Member

The game scores an easy 8 out of 10, there was always something to explore and at the time it was released, it was amazing.

10. JusApee

JusApee New Member

Given the time it was made, I would rate Vice City an 8/10. It was a great game and the graphics were awesome for the time. The story felt a little "arcady" though at some parts, but overall it was a good game which could give you a lot of enjoyment. I'm replaying it right now on my laptop and I'm still having fun even if it's a really old game.

11. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

It's important to put the game into context of the time it came out. Vice city was a revolutionary game at that time. Of course the newer games have bigger worlds and have surpassed vice city, but it was still an awesome game for the time it came out.

12. krnd

krnd Member

Vice City was truly one of the best if not the best game to come out during it's times. It was different and something risky as well. Up to this day I don't think any other game stands out in my mind as much as Vice City did during a certain stage of my life. It was an impactful game.

13. Norjak71

Norjak71 Member

When it first came out I wasn't a huge fan mainly because of the setting and I always preferred the darker, grunge tone of GTA III; however, now that I look back on it I wanna re-play it more and more every day. I miss the lighter tone of it, the neon visuals streaking going at high speeds on a bike, and the weapons were superior with the chainsaw as well as many others. I really hope for a re-make of this for the next installment of GTA.

14. Fermin420

Fermin420 New Member

I would give it a solid 9 considering the time it was released. It's not fair at all comparing it to GTA V. If this question was asked 10 years ago it would get a whole lot more love.

15. Error

Error New Member

I'd give Vice City an 8/10. It was one of the first games I played on Xbox so I will always have a bit of nostalgia for it which adds to my rating of the game. I prefer SA and IV to Vice City though.

16. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I would give it a seven out of ten, but that is mostly because I am in a similar boat to @Error where I have a good sense of nostalgia for the game, and I think that it factors in to my rating. When it comes to layout and game play and features and graphics though, it is somewhere in the middle of my favorites of all the games. At the time that it came out though I probably would have rated it a lot higher too.

17. meganisonfire

meganisonfire New Member

I really enjoyed playing Vice City. I think it is my favorite game out of all the GTA games. I really enjoy the story line. I have to give the game a 9 because the game is starting to show it's age.

18. Naturalbeauty92

Naturalbeauty92 Member

I rate Vice City a 9 out of 10 because it doesn't top San Andreas, in my opinion, which I consider a 10. I love most if the GTA except China Town for sure.

19. belovedad

belovedad Member

I really enjoyed Vice City. I don't think it was the best ( San Andreas was) but I think it comes pretty close. I would give it an 8/10.

20. AlexZ

AlexZ New Member

Gtа viсе сity is bеttеr thаn its prеviоus gаmеs.prеviоus gаmе didn't hаvе muсh grаphiсs,vеhiсlеs еtс.In thе prеviоus gаmе Gtа III thеrе wаs nо bikеs,sсооtеrs еtс whеrеаs gtа viсе сity hаs lоts оf vеhiсlеs bеttеr grаphiсs аnd lоts оf ridеs аnd sidеmissiоns.This mаdе thе pеоplе buy thе gаmе.Nоwаdаys it is mоrе сhеаpеr in pс аlsо.It hаs lоts оf сhеаt соdеs аnd mоds.Thе stоry is аlsо intеrеsting.