How would you rate Vice City?

Discussion in 'GTA Vice City' started by burtpovski, Jun 16, 2015.

1. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate the game?
    1 being really bad and 10 being really good.

I'd probably give it a good 8.5/10. The game overall was really interesting, but some rampage missions got me really bored.

What did you guys think?

2. rightct

rightct New Member

For the time it was actually made and how intriguing the storyline was, I'd be more generous and give it 9,5/10. It's not a perfect 10 because the ending was quite disappointing, but still... probably this is how it should've been done.

3. Viorel2

Viorel2 New Member

Maybe 8/10. It was a good game for the time, but some missions felt a little arcade-like. Also the story wasn't as good, in my opinion, as the one in GTA SA for instance.

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

At the time I'd give the game a 9. It had a lot of new things going on that where not only new to GTA but also new to consoles games in general.

Now though while it's still a decent game, it's definitely looking a little dated now so it's mark has slipped to possibly a 5 now.

5. ericnail

ericnail New Member

I would say 9/10.

This is by far my favorite of the GTA's. The soundtrack is the best ever! The storyline made perfect sense for the (supposed) location and always kept you engaged. Also, running around and just enjoying yourself was top notch. Not to mention this game was really the first in the series to open up more vehicle options than car and subway. Flight became possible! (without cheat codes)

6. sidney

sidney Member

GTA VC was my first GTA game, so I'm a bit partial and nostalgic with it. I would rate it a 9.5 out of 10 because I enjoyed the game so much, the plot and soundtrack was awesome! The only thing that I didn't like about the game was that some missions were extremely hard to complete.

7. SS42A

SS42A New Member

I would rate it a 7/10. I have recently started playing it again, but it is already an aged game by today's standards. It's the music tracks which keeps me motivated in playing the game. Vice City's music still rates as one of the best.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

While we can all say that the game is looking old and dated now, I think the fact that some people are still playing the game and keep going back to it, just shows how good the game actually was when it first came out.

There aren't many games that people still don't mind playing, years after it was first released. I'm also the same with GTA SA but that's a story for a different thread.

9. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

8/10. If you get past the aged graphics, you'll still see a fantastic color palette, a nice art direction, fantastic gameplay, engaging story and a really classy retro beach setting. Or maybe it's the nostalgia doing its things with my head and the game is actually worse than that. :p

10. Thomas Hall

Thomas Hall New Member

I would give the game a 9/10 as it has a nice story and feels similar to Scarface movie, only that you are not addicted to drugs and get rid of your enemy in the end which is good in this game. The game would of been better if you could date and eat food also, some missions did get hard like the Diaz one where you have to save him from the Jamaican gang and some of the missions could of been improved in the game. The game was an improvement from the original games which had top view and this one was really impressive, and felt like you were in the 80's and seeing what life was like from Tommy's view.

11. Fit Tony

Fit Tony New Member

I'd give it an 9. The music was excellent. No other games during that time had that kind of music library. Then the graphics were pretty awesome. The light of the sun would actually reflect on your screen during the sunrise. The only problem I had with it was the mission difficulty. There were some missions that were easy then there were mission that were infuriating. The part where you maneuver the Dodo while dropping movie leaflets made me smash my keyboards a few times.

12. SeereneAngel88

SeereneAngel88 New Member

I would give the game a solid 8. For one, I really loved the setting of the story and the city had so many things to interact with including the NPCs. The main character was awesome and I especially enjoyed unlocking different outfits for him to go about and cause chaos in. On the other hand, I hated that I had to wait until San Andreas for the main character to be able to swim and unlike the water there, the water in Vice City was simply gorgeous for that time and I really wanted to see if there were sharks there. Also, there were some glitches that would break my gameplay and that wasn't always fun.

13. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

7-8/10, really. It was one of the best games at its time but they surely could've improved a lot of aspects of the game. Still, the story was pretty cool and VC revolutionized the whole open-world franchise.

14. atlantasports

atlantasports New Member

At the time, I remember playing that game and thinking that it was the best GTA game I had played. It was revolutionary for video games at the time, but whenever I go back and play it now, I notice that glaring flaws that the game has. I'd give it a solid 7/10.

15. atlantasports

atlantasports New Member

Well, I have noticed that basically every GTA game has had an impeccable soundtrack, but that's just me. I haven't played a GTA game that didn't have a soundtrack that I thoroughly enjoyed. I agree with the missions, though. They were pretty difficult.

16. Cyrus

Cyrus New Member

Probably like a 9/10 for its time, one of my favorites. I would personally rank the GTA games as probably... San Andreas, V, Vice City, III, and IV.

17. atlantasports

atlantasports New Member

Were would you rank the Ballad of Gay Tony?

18. atlantasports

atlantasports New Member

Man, that's still almost perfect haha. That's a really high rating for really any game.

19. Cyrus

Cyrus New Member

I kind of think of that as a GTA IV side-grade. So, lowest. Maybe higher than III. Ballad of Gay Tony was a pretty good extension.

20. atlantasports

atlantasports New Member

I understand. That game does not really get any love from anybody haha.