How old were you when you first started playing Vice City?

Discussion in 'GTA Vice City' started by aleks4775, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Hedonologist

Hedonologist New Member

I was 12 too when I first played it, although I didn't actually own a copy until I was 13. Was quite frustrating only being able to play it at a friends house for months before I could finally get someone to get a copy for me :p

2. Rylag

Rylag New Member

I was 12 or 13. Can't remember it was around then. I had that game on PS2. I had a good time playing Vice City with my friends and hearing Michael Jackson songs on the radio.

3. DankAllen

DankAllen New Member

I want to say that I was in about sixth grade. My parents wouldn't even let me get the game so I always had to go over my friends house to play his. My childhood was lame.

4. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

I think I was 18 when I started playing it. I was late to PC gaming as I didn't have a good gaming rig then. When I started playing it I was so excited about driving cars and ramming it up with other vehicles :D . I only occasionally did the main story missions. I am sad to say I have not finished Vice City .

I have currently started GTA IV. Hope to finish it soon :)

5. speedfreak

speedfreak New Member

I think I was about 19 or 20. I remember absolutely adoring all the changes that Rockstar had made, and also admiring them for achieving so much in such a short space of time of the release of GTA III.

6. cosmos91

cosmos91 New Member

I was around 12 and it was the first "real" video game I've ever played. I was captivated by this world and I'd spend endless hours driving around just taking in all the sights. However, my favorite thing about Vice City was the soundtrack. It never failed to appropriately establish the mood and I still remember the resounding harmonies from Toto's "Africa."

7. chicagobulls6769

chicagobulls6769 New Member

I got introduced to Vice city at a young age due to the fact that I am the youngest of three. The first time I played a mission was when I was about 11 years old. Ever since then I couldn't put the controller down. Vice city is probably my second favorite series.

8. SS42A

SS42A New Member

I was around 23 or 24 years old when I started playing Vice City. After seeing the main character Tommy Vercetti commit many crimes and get away from it, I eventually ended up liking the GTA series. I liked GTA for the reason that I get to kill as many police officers as possible, using all available weapons at my disposal. You can kill them inside the police station too.

9. Laksefar

Laksefar New Member

Well, probably not the most politacally correct thing in retrospect, but I was cruising around on my Vespa, listening to "the beat goes on" and gunning people down when I was around 12 years old :D
    Abosolutely loved the game. Picked it up for PS2 and the later on for PC

10. MisterRay97

MisterRay97 New Member

Honestly, I was young enough when I played GTA: Vice City. In fact, GTA: Vice City was my first Grand Theft Auto game and my favourite one. I think I was around 11 or 12, but I do not remember correctly. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire game. The whole game was amazing and was really unique to me then because I had never really played something like GTA before. I played it on my old PC which ran it pretty well. The possibility of stealing any vehicle you like and driving them around in a vast map made me interested as I was a fan of racing/driving games.

11. nta6912

nta6912 New Member

I was 13. My parents got it for me in the Christmas of 2003. Good times.

12. erik120

erik120 New Member

When I first started playing I was in 6th grade when it came out on PC and I was 13 and it was just the best thing game I've ever played up until then. The realism, the awesome graphics for its time, the missions, the general 70's hawaiian atmosphere was where its at.

One of the most legendary GTA games with one of the most memorable characters, Tommy Vercetti.
    Me and my friends discussed and shared all the secret places and easter eggs and so on.
    Awesome game even today, I think I might reinstall it.

13. GoodReplays

GoodReplays New Member

I was about 13 years old if I remember right. Those were the days I tell you, no worries about anything, I played video games like it was all good for hours and hours a day.

14. xilezaturo

xilezaturo Member

I think I was around 14-15 when I first brought the game home. My old computer couldn't even handle the game, so I had to lower the settings considerably. It still looked nicer than the PS2 version. I loved the immersion that I got from the game and all the different radio stations. I focused more on the side-missions before finishing the game.

15. insertkittyface

insertkittyface New Member

I think I was about 14. My uncle let me have it after he was done playing it and I absolutely loved the game.

16. Kaseyallan

Kaseyallan New Member

Let me put it like this, I was not yet old enough to even own the game!

17. latoya0511

latoya0511 New Member

I was around this age too. I would always play with my cousins, we would sit in the room for hours play taking turns.

18. Rohan99

Rohan99 Member

I was no older than eight years old when I first played Gta vice city. I was in primary school and I saw some children playing the game on computers. I fell in love with the game instantly because I had never seen any video game like it before.

19. Tumwriter92

Tumwriter92 New Member

I was 11 years old when I started playing Grand Theft Auto Vice City, my parent would be at work on the weekends during the night time and I would play that game until 3-4 in the morning, especially the summertime I would be up longer,I was addicted to that game as much as I was with Grand Theft Auto 3 which was the first Grand Theft Auto game I played when I was 9. Loved that game.

20. Rabbu

Rabbu New Member

I must have been 14 when my brother brought this home and we took turns going on rampages. I really miss those days of being able to sit on the couch with my brother and laugh our butts off over just running down the street and punching someone right in the face for no reason. The smallest things just seemed so funny back then.