How often do you actually use first-person mode?

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto' started by troutski, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Susime

Susime Active Member

After completing the story-line I'm back to using first-person again for just goofing around.

Fist fights are just so much more fun in the first-person perspective than third!

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I rarely use the first-person mode. I feel like, since most of the GTA games are in third-person camera, I'm almost trained to play the game in third-person. It doesn't come naturally to play it in first-person mode, and the GTA series was never a first-person shooter to begin with. That might have been put in to appeal to FPS fans, but it's not practical for me.

3. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I haven't even thought about this before but yeah I guess it would be much funnier to fight people in first person view so you could see as much detail of their frustration in close up. It helps a lot that they put in a lot of things you could only notice in this mode which I guess they have planned for since the start.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Member

I could see that. Still, I don't think I'd really use first-person, especially for combat. It seems like that would be more problematic than helpful. I have cruised around town with the first person on before. I do like driving around casually with it. I don't like racing with the first person on, however. It's harder to see certain things without having sight of yourself.

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I agree. I'm not too comfortable with first person view myself so I mostly just switch to it at certain times when it's not too risky. For all other serious missions I stick to third person.

6. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

As someone who actually has intense motion sickness when playing first person games, as much as it is an amazing experience, I would still rather play third person view and not get dizzy in the process. That's because the fun is in playing, and I can't even play properly when there's motion sickness involved, and I get so dizzy that I can't even concentrate on the game. So I'd rather be not dizzy and playing in third person, than insanely dizzy when playing first person.

7. Arvis

Arvis Member

I usually switch to first person view, when I save my game and go rembo, destroying everything for fun. :D

8. Susime

Susime Active Member

I'm delving into Online mode a lot these days and I'm finding I'm using first-person mode a lot for when doing the gang attacks. It's just, or feels, a lot easier to get headshots and quick kills in first-person when looking down the gunsights or the scope if it's fitted.

9. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

I actually use it a lot, specially when I'm driving because it makes the game look more realistic, it's like I'm the one driving. When I'm fighting I don't like so much, I tried a couple of times but it just doesn't seem right. Still, a great option in the game.

10. Arvis

Arvis Member

It might not be so good with fighting because that's a part where all GTA games are struggling. Fighting mechanics are getting better, but I'd still consider them outdated.

11. Susime

Susime Active Member

I'd call them very basic at best. You have the punch, block and kick functions and that's it really. I can't see a point in time where there would be a GTA game with better fighting mechanics but then again Rockstar could surprise us all like they usually do.

I hate how in first person you lose some of the rolling functions...I thought they were pretty good in third person.

12. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

You're right. It's best used when driving and you can tell they really put effort into that since you could even see the meters spiking accurately. I agree with the fighting not being easy too.

13. cyclistbabe

cyclistbabe New Member

Honestly, I kind of hate it. It's novel at first if you played since the launch but it's so tough to get a full view of everything. I would probably use it a TON if I had a three monitor set up, but I play on console so it just looks weird on one screen! It's kind of fun to drive in first person sometimes just to see what I crash into :)

14. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

Yeah, you can see all the details in all the cars! That's a huge load of work just right there, because everything is super realistic.

15. qag

qag Member

It's cool to use the first person view in certain instances, like to see things up close etc, but when it comes to actually playing the game, I can't really use it. It's clear that the game was designed to be played from the third person, and it can be quite awkward and clunky to play it in first person.

16. Arctic21

Arctic21 New Member

I switch back and forth because it keeps the game more interesting. I like first person for immersion, roleplaying and making things more intense. It's easier to play with third person and you can see all the movements your character is making. I feel the first person mode should be kept in GTA 6 as an option again.

17. hades_leae

hades_leae New Member

I never actually tried it in first person mode, but when I'm driving I have, and I don't really like it. To tell you the truth, I didn't even know you could do that.

I will pick some fights with some people like you did to see what it's like, I just really like the way it plays in third person. First person is for more of shooter games for me.

18. NormaD

NormaD Member

Nope! It's not just you. I can't play first person mode either. But I'm not really worried. I'm ok playing third person all the time.

19. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

The only thing I was able to play with first person on GTA V is the online mode Slasher where you have to run from him on a lightless ship. It' s much more scarier and entertaining this way. :D

20. Norjak71

Norjak71 Member

Only when I'm in passive mode. I actually think first person is great for GTA but it wasn't done completely right as the field of view is a little bit messed up especially when driving but the concept is great. I like to explore between races or heists but I'll only do it in passive as its impossible to get away from someone trying to kill you in first person because you will crash way to much.