How much did you pay for MK8?

Discussion in 'Mario Kart' started by troutski, Mar 5, 2015.

1. troutski

troutski Active Member

Here's a random question. Mario Kart 8 was obviously $60 upon its release, and the game still costs that much on Amazon. It's held its price very well since release, but how much did you pay for it? I actually received a copy for $45, thanks to a 25% discount for working Black Friday at Walmart this past year. :p

2. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

I bought it a full price, and I have no regrets. Nintendo games are one of the few games that I buy on release since they have stringent beta testing and quality testing unlike certain other publishers *cough* Ubisoft *cough* EA

3. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

A friend of mine was selling his Wii U and the games he had for it. Since I already had a Wii U, he gave me Mario Kart 8 at 30$, so you could say I got it at a really nice price.

4. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I got to play it for free because I have a friend who I trade games with. We always exchange games so we both get to save a lot since we don't have to purchase each game we like and instead mostly just half of them.

5. xlSynergy

xlSynergy Member

I paid full price for it when it came out. I think it was well worth it though. There are some games that I paid full price for that I didn't play for more than a few weeks.

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

H
    Yeah this is definitely worth a full price purchase. It's well made and you can tell the developers put some love into it instead of just treating it as a cash grab.

7. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I bought it from a friend for $45. I wanted the game for a few months, but I always try to get the best deal and not pay full price. It was about $40 on the Nintendo Eshop for a week, but I decided I would rather have a physical copy.

8. troutski

troutski Active Member

I'd have to agree and say that Mario Kart 8 is one of the few games worth paying full price for without hesitation.

9. JohnnyHopkins

JohnnyHopkins Member

I got it for full price on release day. I have always been a fan of the Mario Kart games, so I did not mind paying full price. It turned out to be a wise decision because the game is awesome and I would do it all again.

10. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I didn't buy the game personally. I've been playing it on my friend's Wii. I think he paid around $60 or something like that.

11. niiro17

niiro17 Member

I've bought Mario Kart for $40 dollars from my friend. My friends Wii was busted and can't buy new Wii since my friend can't afford it right now so my friend sold it to me.

12. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

I think that I did not pay that much. With me what I like to do is to avoid buying video games when they have just been released. I like to let the game come out and then get a few reviews on the game and see if it would be something that I would like to get. I think that down here the price was about $40 so I would say that I think it was good and fair.

13. troutski

troutski Active Member

The game still costs $60 on Amazon, which is a testament to how well first-party Mario games keep their value over time.

14. NathanG

NathanG New Member

I ended up paying full price for it, as I wanted the game as soon as it came out. As a Mario Kart fanatic I simply could not wait for the price to drop, and so I bought it as soon as I was able to! No regrets at all either. :)

15. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I actually got it for free from one of my friends as a gift for my birthday. I don't know how much he paid actually but it was around ~40$ I think. He really knew how much I loved the game.