How many of you use laptops for gaming?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by MissBin, Aug 13, 2014.

1. MissBin

MissBin Member

I think i am not only one who does it and i got to say it is great solution if you move from a place to place. But one thing that you really need when you are hardcore gaming is a cooling stand. :)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  2. KNH

KNH Member

I sometimes do, but as you said, it definitely requires a cooling stand if the computer is basic without intense software. I have a Macbook Pro and it heats up like crazy. My old Dell was even worse.

3. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

The first game I played was on my laptop. I wasn't a hardcore gamer back then, but now I have a gaming PC that can run everything on Ultra settings without a hitch!

4. mssfgaming

mssfgaming Member

Casual gaming is perfect for laptops, considering you have a good one. It's a portable gaming machine, especially if you're into games like Minecraft or LoL. I use my laptop for Minecraft, on the go gaming. It's awesome if you travel a lot and if you're bored at some airport, it's pretty great how I can bust open my laptop, play some Minecraft and see the time fly by. It's great. But for high quality PC games, maybe I want to bust out some Battlefield 4 or play some Far Cry 3, I have to use my PC for that, or even my console if I feel lazy. Laptops are great but not powerful. But, hey, if you got a MSI GT70 Dragon Edition up your sleeve, I'll trade my PC with that any day.

5. jurew2

jurew2 Member

I have a good laptop that handles the games very well, I can play most of the games on high quality for a few hours. I play the games on my laptop because my desktop computer was really old and I needed a replacement. Since I needed a laptop for college I just bought a good laptop and didn't spent money on a new desktop. I plan on buying a desktop in the near future, but until that time comes I'm happy with my gaming laptop.

6. kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

Depends, I also have good laptop that can handle most games pretty well. I also have a desktop that I switch to periodically.

7. Jasonreid

Jasonreid Member

Yes laptops can carry certain pc games however they are not the best option unless you specificity from the maker the necessary hardware to make it worthwhile. Currently I am running a compaq Presario CQ62 and as it is it would not make much sense to play any games that require superior speed and graphics. I do however play online games and cards at times.

8. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

I did at one point but I cannot stand playing on a laptop, they overheat like crazy and generally they are just too weak for real gaming..

9. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

Of course that I prefer to play games on my computer, but I do use my laptop quite often too.

10. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

I do not like playing games on a laptop. It feels so tiny and powerless. I want the desktopish feel for gaming.

11. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I've always wanted a gaming laptop but they are a bit too expensive and most of the designs until recently were a bit up appealing to me. I honestly don't have much use for one anymore because I don't go to school anymore but I think it would be great to take on trips.

12. Jasonreid

Jasonreid Member

I notice that when I use my laptop for gaming it becomes very hot. I was thinking about buying a cooling bay to solve this problem. Does anyone use a cooling bay when they are playing games that require lots of processing power.

13. ray king

ray king Member

Though I have gaming PC, I so also own a laptop with a decent GPU. This becomes essentially handy when I go on a trip and got time to waste. I don't put my usual games in it though. I keep a select few in it that require less resources to run, so I can enjoy the gameplay without any hardware issues or lag. But it is not a primary gaming platform, because there will always be a desktop that is better.

14. RamZor

RamZor Member

My laptop isn't that good, so I don't use him that much. I still think that I wouldn't use him that much more anyway because I enjoy playing on my PC a lot with my current setup.

15. KKrage

KKrage Member

Me, I like my laptop for gaming, although it isn't really good. It usually lags out the game or disconnects really easily. Although, the good side is it being to move difference places and it's more portable. I usually use my laptop at two different houses for gaming, so the laptop is really a good choice.

16. Rockhem

Rockhem Member

I used to use laptops for PC gaming. I switched to a desktop so I can upgrade my machine, overclock it, and other things like that. I don't really have a need for the portability, because I mostly keep my gaming inside my house, except for the rare moment for going to another place for an extended period of time.

17. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Yeah laptop really is great for gaming because of the portability and I just hope that soon gaming laptops would become cheap enough to get the most power for a lower price.

18. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

The only issue with laptops is that they overheat fast and its[ the laptop's] specs . . .

My lap top is old. It's got 189 MB of RAM and a graphic processor which I'm sure was not designed for gaming and any any time I try to install a game, and try to play it stops responding compelling me to it and forget about playing that game. That's probably the reason why unless I get myself a new laptop, I won't be playing games on the one I own now.

19. SuperiorCallz

SuperiorCallz New Member

I used to use a laptop for gaming, but that was quite a few years ago. It was the laggiest thing I've ever done, but I managed. It was the best thing I could access at the time. Now that I've got a great gaming desktop, I can definitely see the difference.

20. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I do sometimes, but I feel like I'm decreasing its lifespan every time I do. The fan spins so fast that it seems an airplane is landing on my desk, and it gets extremely hot. I think PC gaming is best left for the desktops to handle, laptops are great and get more powerful as time goes on, but they're not designed for the heavy load modern games put on them.