How many of the weapons do you use?

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by primalclaws1974, Aug 20, 2015.

1. primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974 Member

I don't use a whole lot. I like the grenade laucnhers, about two machine guns, and a sniper gun. I don't use the handguns at all. Occasionally I will use sticky bombs or hand grenades, but they aren't too accurate. I like fast or distant weapons, since my reaction times aren't the fastest. I prefer war machines in most games I play, but the tank in GTA is pretty weak in my opinion.

2. Cyrus

Cyrus New Member

I'm like you. I only have like four or five weapons that I rotate through, even though I own most of them. I prefer assault rifles and pistols in most games that I play, just because they suit my balanced playstyle.

3. alaineman

alaineman New Member

Ehm, 1 automic rifle, sticky bombs, and 2 car smgs. Sometimes a rocket launcher for helis. But that's about it,

4. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I also don't tend to use the full range of weapons available to me either. A couple of pistols, an automatic and the sticky bombs are probably the main ones.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I used to use all the weapons back in the day, but in GTA V I'm just rotating through a couple of rifles, a handgun and a grenade launcher. I also use sticky bombs from time to time.

6. Susime

Susime Active Member

I'm kind of sticking to one or two guns in the story mode. I tend to use the AK style rifle and maybe a Uzi as a back-up weapon if I need it.

If there is a call for it I'll maybe use a grenade to clear an area.

7. JusApee

JusApee New Member

I'm only using an automatic rifle, a sniper rifle and a pistol. I usually always check ammo nation for silencers because I like sniping and being silent while doing it. I don't like grenades that much so I'm not using them..

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

If there's such a thing as having too much choice, then that's the only minor criticism I'd have of the GTA series, because is there really any need for that vast amount of weaponry that we've got available?

I'd suspect that most people won't use half of what's available already so on the DLC there's no need to keep including any more, surely?

9. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Hell, I use any and all weapons I can. The wider the range the better! Esoecially, crazy exotic weapons. They're the funnest to use in the Grand Theft Auto!

10. puneeth8994

puneeth8994 Member

I just use around 5 weapons, I don't like bombs for some reason. Automatic rifles seem efficient.

11. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I also think when it comes to the weapons tho, we can tend to be a bit lazy, and we only use the ones that we know for a fact are effective.

We'll tend to stick to the same weapons that we know work, than try something that we have never had to use before.

12. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I basically use the AP gun, the bullpup rifle and the heavy rifle. They cover all my murderous needs. I also use the grenades and rocket launcher when the situation calls for it, but I'm not much for using explosives in firefights.

13. Qoelet

Qoelet New Member

What a great question, haha, I think I use three; the SMG, the rocket launcher (for helicopters) and the sniper rifle!

I think between them they all do what I need. The only other times I use other weapons are when they're forced on you in certain missions. Some weapons I don't use at all, ever.I don't think I've ever willingly used the handgun, unless forced on me (such as the Michael Yankton mission) or by accident.

14. learntoshootsmoke

learntoshootsmoke New Member

I think that the variety of weapons in V are great, and like most of the series it works. It's just like with the rest of the series, you pick one of each type of weapon and typically use that for the rest of your playthrough (ie; one automatic, one smg, one shotgun, one grenade launcher, etc.).

15. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

The variety of weapons is impressive, but if nobody uses them all then it seems as if Rockstar are wasting their time.

I'm not sure how much space the game take up, but I'm sure that if they did a vote of weapons they should keep then the ones they get rid of would save a lot of data.

16. raceman998

raceman998 Member

I always use the shotguns. I also use the grenade for the long shot, I use the sniper. Among all the weapons, shot gun is my favourite because it's really easy to use it. I can shoot at a fast rate by using the shotgun.

17. Norjak71

Norjak71 Member

I was thinking about this very same thing the other night scrolling through my weapon wheel. When I go to ammunation for some reason I stock up everything and max out all the weapons and attachments that go with it; however, the only ones I ever really end up using are the mini-gun and the assault rifles. On occasion, I truly enjoy getting on a bike with my sawed off shotgun and sneaking up behind cars and firing, but other than that, I don't take advantage of it. I'm not sure why I got a hammer or broken bottle, I never even think to use them.

18. uniqueunicorn9

uniqueunicorn9 New Member

Sniper rifles, grenade : my favorite weapons.
    But i try to use any weapon i can.

19. krnd

krnd Member

I pretty much only use pistols and anything explosion-related (just because, why not?)
    Nowadays though I've been interested on getting by with a shotgun and make it somewhat more difficult..

20. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

I'm definitely not like you, I use every single one of the weapons, depends of the situation of course but I think they're all pretty cool and I have lots of fun with it!