How many hours per day do you play games?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thrillsim, Oct 8, 2013.

1. strych923

strych923 New Member

I used to play a lot of games when I had my desktop. I had to sell that off and get a laptop for work, which actually can play games at decent settings. But I don't just feel like playing games for long hours on the laptop, it doesn't feel as good as on a high-config desktop. :(

2. xxsaumitraxx

xxsaumitraxx New Member

Yeah, I'm addicted to games. I play around 4-5 daily, which is really a lot of time. When I get bored of GTA (which hardly happens), I start playing Battlefield :D I don't know why I'm so addicted to PC games, maybe this will get right when I grow up :)

3. heyhowareyou

heyhowareyou New Member

I work from home, so I am constantly taking breaks to play games LOL. i'd say like half of my waking life is spent playing some kind of video game. Not sure if that's a good thing.

4. sidney

sidney Member

I also play around 1 to 3 hours when I have the time, but sometimes, after an hour I would quit already, because my arms are starting to ache from pressing the keyboard.

5. Psybe

Psybe New Member

not as much as i used to. Probably about 2-3 on a normal day, or 5 -10 if i'm really crazy about a game.

6. daimashin

daimashin New Member

I used to game about four hours each session when I was still studying. After I've got a job I had to cut, these days it's only about one to two hours daily.

7. ENO1986

ENO1986 New Member

I have lately haven't been playing at all I got a seasonal job that requires a lot of movement and work so when I get home I am to tired to play most of the time.

8. fireinyourwords

fireinyourwords Member

If I've had to work earlier in the day, I'll try to play for an hour or so, but this doesn't happen too often. On the weekends, I'll try to get in at least two hours each day. It helps that my girlfriend is into shooters as much as I am.

9. WorkingGamer

WorkingGamer New Member

I would say at least a good hour or two almost every day and when I have almost nothing to do I will play for quite a while. When I was younger anytime I did not have school work I would spend it playing games unless I had a better option so while I may not be an addict anymore I could certainly never go cold turkey.

10. Poynt

Poynt Member

I spend 3 hours a day sometimes when I am really bored, but, if I am in the mood to play games I play about 12 hours of GTA V or sometimes I play Assassins Creed.

11. Oakster

Oakster Member

I miss having the time to play for 12 hours :)

12. Reaper_13

Reaper_13 Member

2-3 hours per day, I spend more time on reddit now than playing games, except when I get a new one and have to finish it straight away!

13. unitedfandoc

unitedfandoc New Member

My gaming habits are usually quite sporadic. If I start a game I will immerse myself in it and could play up to 5 hours a day until I've completed it. After completing one game, I tend to take a couple of weeks out from gaming before starting a new one.

14. Oakster

Oakster Member

I think that's a great way to play, I wish I could force myself to take those days off :)
    That way you don't lose the plot in whatever you are currently playing and you are refreshed when you start a new one.

15. qaximor

qaximor New Member

I used to play 5-6 hours of League of Legends daily! Now I have stopped completely from doing that I just play 2-3 hours a week. I have to focus on my exams they are coming soon and it's really worrying me and not making me focus on my studies.

16. dannyboy

dannyboy Member

I will play a couple hours during the week if i have any freetime, but for the most part i will only play games during the weekend.

17. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless New Member

Generally, I spend about 2-3 hours on a game on average, but lately, I have only been able to play 1-2 hours once every few days. During my more peaceful days, I play for about 8-10 hours with small breaks here and there, but those days are far and few.

18. MisterTwister

MisterTwister New Member

When I was younger I would play video games endlessly, day and night. It became a problem when my family noticed I played way too often. I eventually took a step back, and even a few more over the years. I used to play for more than 12 hours a day, permitting myself only a few breaks. With a busier schedule and school that I'm trying to finish up, I only have time for a few hours a week now. Every now and then I'll go on a weekend rampage and stay up all night playing video games, but I've learned to enjoy the moments that I have time for.

19. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I spend most of my days off gaming! It's not very good, but I really love gaming! It's probably one of the most important things in my life.

20. jurew2

jurew2 Member

I play 2-5 yours a day, because I don't have much more time to do so everyday. But when I have the time I like to extend the gaming time to 8 hours or so, but that doesn't happen too often, because I have a lot of work to do. I also have something called life so I can't spend most of my day playing video games even if I'd like to do so.