Highest amount you have paid for a game

Discussion in 'Mobile Gaming' started by Ghost Rider, Oct 14, 2013.

1. fireinyourwords

fireinyourwords Member

I think the most I've ever paid is around $6. I don't remember the title, which probably means it wasn't worth it, but that amount sounds right. I don't buy a lot of apps that are over the $5 line, but I know I've done it with a game and I know I've done it with ComicRack.

2. 4justice

4justice Member

@Rocketman- Ok, if they gave the phones the update DS versions then MAYBE I can see them charging a bit more. But it's still the same story of them charging a premium price for a game that was rehashed, even if it's one of the later, prettier versions.

3. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

To be fair, FFIII and IV was completely remade in full 3D. It;s like playing an entirely different game even if you have played the original. But, you know what? If you don't want to pay anything and you don't mind a bit of piracy, these mobile games could always be downloaded for free at torrent sites. Haha.

4. 4justice

4justice Member

I don't bother with pirated versions of any games. I don't even do that for movies. But if I ever did, I sure as heck wouldn't do it for remakes of games from the late 80's, whether they're remade in 3D or not

5. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

I only know that FFIV was an actual port from the DS version. I don't know about the rest. I think they just redid the sprites/made them 3D, especially for 1 and 2. I haven't played them on handhelds but they were pretty good, I didn't have any problems and the controls worked really well with touchscreen since it didn't rely on precision or anything like that.

6. Rocketman

Rocketman Member

Well to me, it was kind of like paying a bit more to know you're getting a good product. There's plenty of other JRPG style games on iOS and most of them are crap. The reviews are often deceptive because 1. People have lower standards for mobile games and 2. The games will often give you some in game reward for rating 5 stars. Yeah, it was a bit overpriced, but I had a lot of disposable income at the time and since I was spending most of my time on campus instead of home, I dropped most of my gaming budget on mobile instead of Steam.

7. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Member

The full 60 for 007 Legends. I loved that game. I didn't care about the reviews and still don't I love it.

8. gats

gats Member

I paid $100 for a used Neverwinter Nights: The Ultimate Collection recently. I normally will buy games for real cheap but I really wanted it.

9. Wick99

Wick99 Member

$5 for Grand Theft Auto. It was worth it I mean come on, it's GTA!

10. msreebaybay

msreebaybay Member

The highest amount I have paid for a game is probably $3.99 and it will never happen again, with all that you an do to get games free now.

11. dannyboy

dannyboy Member

I paid 78 dollars for GTA V on the Ps3. It was well worth it as GTA V is one of my favorite games. Very exciting and entertaining.

12. Rawisjason

Rawisjason Member

I paid 6 dollars for GTA: San Andreas. I downloaded it on my iPad and play it everyday. I don't regret paying that much for this game, and I think it was worth it. That was the only time i paid for a game because most good games are free.

13. kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

Haven't paid a cent for the past 5 years of owning a smartphone. I always wait until they are free or I ask the game creators to test the app during beta.

14. kusonpadam

kusonpadam New Member

Like £1.2 I think for some FPS that sucked.

15. jurew2

jurew2 Member

I never paid for a mobile game and I still find fun games to play, the only downside in free games are probably the advertisments but I can live with that. Maybe some day I will find a game that will impress me so much that I will be willing to pay for it.

16. MissBin

MissBin Member

I prefer Free to play games so that is the reason i never paid anything for a mobile game. I think the only bad thing that comes together with free games are advertisments because they can be really annoying. Well if there is a epic game of all times maybe i will buy it but for now not really.

17. Amatenshi

Amatenshi New Member

I paid $15 for Bug Princess 2 by Cave, an iOS port of Mushihimesama Futari, a bullet hell shooter that I consider to be my second favorite game of all time. I actually feel like it was worth it, as the gameplay was very much intact, and the touch controls were excellent. It beats the $55 plus shipping to import the Xbox 360 version from Japan, which my mom was awesome enough to get me for Christmas in 2010.

As far as racing games go, I dropped the $9.99 for Asphalt 4: Elite Racing on the app store back in 2009, when I got my first iPod Touch. I still play a race in it every now and then, because it's still nostalgic and I don't have to grind for money like in Asphalt 8.

18. ray king

ray king Member

I paid close to 10$ in a game on android, I regret it now, because the it did not give a good return on the content I got in the game. Apparently, you have to pay more to be more successful, which is never good in my books. I certainly don't agree with kids learning to pay their way into a game, its not good gamesmanship if it leads you to be a better player than another without actually playing.

19. RamZor

RamZor Member

Im pretty cheap when it gets to buying games to my iPhone. The maximum money I have ever paid was 1 dollar for Fruit Ninja.
    I really wanted to play it for some reason so I went for it.

20. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Agreed. GTA is really kind of exceptional and is definitely worth paying for. It's easy to play no matter what controls you are using, and it really is great that it ported so well on mobile.