Have you played MotoGP 14?

Discussion in 'MotoGP 23' started by ray king, Aug 30, 2014.

1. ray king

ray king Member

Have any of you tried the new MotoGP 14, and is it better than the previous MGP13? The trailer looks descent, and they say it features a better experience, but do you think its worth it?

2. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

No not yet.

3. crazyman1090

crazyman1090 Member

No, I haven't played it. I don't know if I liked Moto GP 13, so I don't know if I'll ever try it.

4. troutski

troutski Active Member

I haven't played it, but I'll probably have to give it a shot. It's been a long time since I've played a Moto GP game, and they've always been good games, albeit similar from year to year.

5. jurew2

jurew2 Member

Here are so many people that didn't play MotoGP 14 and I'm one of them. If anyone wants to check it out right now, you can buy it one Steam with 50% off, for 20€.

6. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Played it, but not particularly amazed by it I suppose. There are games which fare better than it, like Gran Turismo.

7. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I have not played the game yet as there are other games in my backlog that I need to finish first. Besides, the reviews are not that good for this game, so I am not sure about this one to be honest.

8. diecarmona

diecarmona New Member

I did play it on a Gamestop once. It isn't good to be honest. The mechanics are bad, the graphics are mediocre at best, and the courses are practically all the same with little curve tweaks. Its an embarassing release, really. Let's hope next year they come up with something worth the money and time of the market they're aiming for.

9. jeremy2

jeremy2 New Member

Am yet to sample it but judging by its trailer, the visuals look stunning and i hope it will meet my expectations as compared to it's previous version. MGP13 was fantastic so i expect MGP14 to be thrilling.

10. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

I played MotoGP 13 and to be honest I didn't like it. The simple fact the game wasn't enjoyable [for me] kept me back from trying MotoGP 14 but should I hear that it is somewhat better than MotoGP 13, I'd be willing to get it. But if the reviews are bad, then maybe I'll keep my hands off it.

11. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I haven't played it, but I do plan on getting it sometime soon. I'm not sure how good it will be, but I do hope it's as good as 13. I had a lot of fun with that game.

12. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

Not really. To be honest, racing games, or sports games in general, who release a new game every year, offer little to no change from the previous incarnation. It's only an updated roster or updated sponsors, but the gameplay is basically the same, and the only major difference, if you can even consider it that, is the graphics, which would mean that these games are only centered on the visuals and the aim for realism, which really doesn't help the replay value that much.

13. demitri

demitri Member

I never played Moto Gp 14 before. I have seen its trailer and intro. It looks interesting. I would love to try it before I get it in my hands. I heard that it is a good game.

14. Itsmenermin

Itsmenermin Member

Yes. Me either.

15. Hova

Hova Member

This game was too easy and I didn't even like the physics. Also, the AI was total shit. They bump into you however they feel like and still stay on their bikes, but it is the total opposite for you.

16. jakub1

jakub1 Member

Unfortunately they don't add many features over versions

17. maestro

maestro Member

Oh my god! I thought I was the only one who noticed the stupid AI. It feels like your opponents have no weaknesses in this game. If you haven't played it, consider yourself lucky!

18. Hova

Hova Member

Trust me, you are not the only gamer who got pissed off by that shitty AI. I just hope the developers are going to fix that in the next game.

19. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I never played MotoGP 14 but I did read some of the reviews- and some of the pros are- it has loads of athentic content and slow motion shots as well. Some of the cons - can become a frustrating cycle of do-overs.

20. Cjanett

Cjanett Member

I haven't try tp play this game. Also MGP13 I haven't try playing it. Well, I've seen the trailer and it doesn't meet my taste, that's all.

21. jakub1

jakub1 Member

That's one thing which is difficult to overcome