Have you ever played the mini-games in GTA VC?

Discussion in 'GTA Vice City' started by Lipsa, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Lipsa

Lipsa New Member

When I get bored with missions or the missions get too tough for me (I admit, the latter happens more than its fair share), I jump on to the small mini-games like being the pizza delivery guy or the taxi-driver. I particularly enjoy driving people in the ambulance.

What's your favorite?

2. LanceVance

LanceVance New Member

Oh yeah, definitely. I also like the ones where you can jump in the Cop's cheetah and do the vigilante ones. You can also do the vigilante with the military helicopter and the cops armored vehicle. I think you can do them with the FBI's SUV too.

3. Lipsa

Lipsa New Member

Ah yes, the helicopter ones are so much fun, though it is a little hard to steer it. I always succeed in blowing the helicopter up! (with me inside it most of the time)

Can you actually do that? I have never come across the SUV while playing in the game, though so I assume it's rare?

4. SS42A

SS42A New Member

The Vigilante missions while flying the Hunter is my favorite. While I don't mind playing the Vigilante missions on the ground in a police or FBI vehicle (the Rhino is too slow), attacking the foes from the air is a safer alternative. since you can fire the missiles down at the opponents without getting shot at and your vehicle being riddled with bullet holes. However, if your vehicle is within range of the opponents' guns, you can back off much faster on board the Hunter.

5. TheViper

TheViper Member

The Vigilante missions are the most fun to me because it has some action to it. The fire fighter mission were fun because you have water and fire. The taxi missions to me were the most annoying missions ever. I mean I literally wasted two hours just doing drive after drive.

6. niiro17

niiro17 Member

Yeah, I have. If I want to have some money or just to kill some time, I do some pizza-delivery, selling ice cream, Taxi, and Vigilante missions.

7. LanceVance

LanceVance New Member

The shooting range is also a lot of fun.

8. sidney

sidney Member

I remember doing the pizza, cab, and vigilante mini-games. I actually like the cab and mini-games the most, because it's like something that challenges me to be faster and to beat the time, since I'm just generally a "chill" type of person. I rarely rush even when I'm running late, unless it's work related.

9. Thomas Hall

Thomas Hall New Member

I enjoy doing the taxi missions, and sometimes when you take the taxi from the driver and start the mission, then the driver ends up being a paying customer which is funny to watch sometimes and would have to take him around in the car. I would make some extra cash and need to know the routes well, so practice driving around so you can do it properly and do get a time limit and the better you drive can maybe get more money. The tank ones are interesting usually involve chasing someone and taking someone out and have to watch what they do and also which car they take if they survive from the car they were in if it crashes.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I used to play the taxi driver mission quite a lot, was always good to have a bit of a break from doing the regular missions. In my opinion I think they should actually bring that back and includes games like that in the newer GTA's

11. HornedDemoN

HornedDemoN New Member

I honestly didn't even know these existed until after I beat the game! Personally I find them pretty boring, compared to the rest of what Vice City has to offer, but they make a fine little addition to the game, I suppose.

12. rightct

rightct New Member

XD I completely forgot about the vigilante missions in GTA Vice City. I remember having driven the taxi, police cars and helicopters, those were the good missions.

13. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

I think the mini games in GTA like taxi missions, vigilante missions, etc; are really side quests that you can do when you don't want to do the missions right now. You can earn extra money this way, and sometimes you even get bonuses for your character's stats like immunity to fire, a permanent health and armor boost, and even certain car customization choices. It's a great thing, as you get to relax but still be able to play through the cities, and you get lots of perks when you do play them.

14. Fermin420

Fermin420 New Member

I literally spent most of my VC experience chasing thugs in the cop's car. It was in my opinion, one of the best features the game had, I just couldn't get enough of it. After a couple years I was always bored in the game lol, so I would just hang out there and eventually It all became search and destroy, working as a cop.

15. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I usually would just roam around on a motorcycle when I was bored. I do remember doing the ambulance missions for fun. I can't remmeber if the firefighter mini games was San Andreas or Vice City, but those were always fun as well. Or am I thinking of Scarface the game?

16. krnd

krnd Member

I loved doing the police car ones as well as the fire truck but honestly I just ended up creating some sort of messy situation and break havoc all over the place (sometimes with cheats.. exploding every single car is fun)

17. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

The memory of the police and firefighter missions are coming back to me. The police chase missions were the ones where you can only ram the cars to destroy them right? You couldn't just get out of the car to apprehend them. It was pretty difficult to get past a certain level because your car was just be damaged pretty badly after a while.

18. jahanzeb ali qureshi

jahanzeb ali qureshi New Member

whenever i get bore by the GTA VC mission or i am unable to get dome with some specific task then i sue to play those mini games. It gives me a little refreshing to my mind. After playing it for a few minutes i get back to my mission and then i can perform well.

19. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

I do not think that I have but it sounds intriguing. I am starting to think of some weird forms of the games that I have played which is strange but I am not sure I have played this one.

20. Flaming_Dorito

Flaming_Dorito New Member

sometimes i do play the mini-games, though only soometimes