Had Higher Expectations

Discussion in 'GTA Chinatown Wars' started by sillylucy, Oct 7, 2013.

1. joebel

joebel New Member

It's not as serious or polished as the other "mainstream" GTA games, but overall I found it a fun game.

2. prey

prey New Member

It didn't suck that much, but back at the time, I don't know why, I had better expectations. Up to this day, I'm not even satisfied with how GTA V looks and feels, unfortunately. :)

3. Glen

Glen New Member

I do agree that it's not the best GTA out there, but it does provide some fun when you're away and don't have your console with you. The fact that it's available on mobile devices makes it pretty cool too. GTA is still GTA though, and it's always fun to just mess around.

4. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I tired China Town Wards before. Not really what I expected either. Out of all the GTA games, I think this was not one of the best.

5. MattMin2000

MattMin2000 New Member

This game, to me, is basically a spin off game and you can't really expect a spin off game to be as good as the main. I mean, if you think about it, the GTA line up series are a series of games that are basically untouchable when it comes to open world games. Chinatown wouldn't even come close to that, and I think the game was just so that the developers could port it over to handheld and mobile devices.

6. MrZ0mbiesFanatic

MrZ0mbiesFanatic New Member

I thought the game was decent considering it wasn't a main GTA game. I played it and beat it when it first came out.

7. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 New Member

This game was intended as a spinoff or throwback to the older 2D ones. Target audiences were the handheld consoles, and then iOS and Android, you can control a top-down games much easier on all these platforms than a fully 3D third-person one.

8. sidney

sidney Member

I didn't know that this game was that easy. If that's the case then I would want to try this one out just to see for myself how easy it is.

9. jonthai

jonthai New Member

I think that too. It's not a game that I'm going to play allot, but it's something to pass the time

10. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I think Chinatown Wars is different from the GTA games we're used to and that's why you probably had a hard time adjusting. I personally enjoyed the gameplay.

11. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well expectation are always a tricky thing. Sometimes I think that all these movie trailer-like promos and all the hype kind of backfires for these games when they actually come out. I cannot say that this was the case for this game, but many of the GTA games seem to fall into this category, at least they do for me.