GTA VI or Red Dead III?

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by Jeff Bowles, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Jeff Bowles

Jeff Bowles New Member

So we've all gotten to experience the magic that is Grand Theft Auto V several times over by now. But here's a question for you: if you could have one and only one new game from Rockstar, would it be GTA VI or Red Dead III? Red Dead Redemption is one of my all-time favorite games, mostly because it's the only game I've ever played that managed to do the Western genre justice with a fun, cutting-edge product. So how about it? Any desire to catch up with the son of John Marston?

2. alaineman

alaineman New Member

I have never had the opportunity to play red dead redemption, because I don't have a console. Yet I really wished Rockstar ported it to pc, because I've supported the hype and wanted to play such a game. GTA has been kind of the same game, but they've been increasing the depth every time.

I really want a Red Dead for pc :(.

3. Cyrus

Cyrus New Member

Will this new Red Dead game be called Red Dead III? I was under the impression that it would be Red Dead Redemption II, as a true prequel to Red Dead Redemption I, thus more of a worthy successor. Red Dead Revolver isn't really considered a part of the series, AFAIK.

Red Dead Redemption is also on of my favorite games of all time. I feel as though the "run around and shoot at people and drive cars" genre, while Rockstar created it, is becoming more and more saturated. Meanwhile, there are very few open-world Western games out there. I loved RDR's multiplayer and story mode, and I would love to see how they change things. So, probably Red Dead.

4. cabrannon529

cabrannon529 New Member

GTA VI all the way! I've played Red Dead Redemption, and I just can't get too into it, despite the amazing reviews and stuff. GTA V is much more amazing for me, especially with GTA Online. I can't imagine how amazing GTA VI would be considering GTA V is my all-time favorite game. For those reasons, I'd have to say GTA VI.

5. Spar10

Spar10 New Member

I would prefer RDR as long as it made its way to PC. Until then, I'm waiting on a PS3 emulator to play the original. Also, I don't think Rockstar will be putting as much into GTA VI when Online is still making them so much money. Updating that and moving onto a new franchise seems more likely.

6. duckvader

duckvader New Member

RDR all the way. GTA is an incredible game series and i love it to death, but I feel tired of it and I want to explore a sandbox that is less common in video games and RDR would be perfect to take us back to the old west.

7. atlantasports

atlantasports New Member

Honestly, if you take out the plot lines and the details of both of the games, Red Dead and GTA are super similar. When you just screw around and explore things, they are almost identical. They're just taking place in different time periods. So, I could go with either, but I gotta go with GTA.

8. atlantasports

atlantasports New Member

I guess you have a point there. The old west is not as explored in games as much as the city.

9. Frennemeister

Frennemeister New Member

If GTA V wouldn't have been as good as it is, I would wish for another game in the series. But since that's not the case, I would go for Red Dead III. I love Red Dead II as much as I love GTA. It's hard to find good games with the wild western theme today and a new game in the Red Dead Redemption series would be freaking awesome.

10. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

Red Dead III, please! I still get a lot of joy out of GTA V, and I wouldn't want to replace it so early on. I think that if they would want to make another GTA title, they should get working on the expansion pack for GTA V.

11. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Personally I'd have to go with a new GTA. I've played RDR and even though I do enjoy the game, if it was a strict choice between the two, then GTA would be a clear winner.

The biggest thing is probably the online side of the game, and GTA us a game that you can play infinitely, and I don't think RDR as that kind of longevity in the characters or in the gameplay, it can tend to be a little repetitive sometimes.

12. atlantasports

atlantasports New Member

Is there not going to be another game? Am I missing something lol

13. atlantasports

atlantasports New Member

I have to agree with that. There is also more background for the characters than there is in Red Dead. It's got more in-depth everything, really.

14. Powtato

Powtato New Member

I would say Red Dead III, as GTA Online can keep me busy another while, and Red Dead Redemption is not available on current-gen consoles. I'd really be interested to see what Red Dead III would look like.

15. atlantasports

atlantasports New Member

I can only imagine that it would look awesome.

16. JusApee

JusApee New Member

I'd also be interested in Red Dead III, but not more than GTA VI. I wouldn't trade GTA for any other game out there, simply because it's so great. I'm not as much into western stories, so I'll go with GTA VI.

17. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I'd like to see the next gen version of Red Ded aswell, but only if it went back to the very original. I quite fancy being a cowboy in the next gen world!

In a way GTA is just a Red Ded game but set in a more modern generation, so I'm going to be greedy and say I want to see Rockstar bring both out. It's about time these software companies started delivering the kind of games we're all waiting for.

18. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I would prefer Red Dead 3 to be honest. I love GTA, but it's been a while since I've experienced something as good as Red Dead.

19. Qoelet

Qoelet New Member

When was Red Dead II released??

It's a tough decision. If I had assurances that they'd really gone to town on Red Dead and it looked and felt different, then I'd go with that. I loved Red Dead 1 and got totally immersed in it, but I was always weary when reading speculation on sequels about it possibly being more of the same. How do you do another western? It's not like GTA where they can introduce new technology to spice things up.

Rock* do always bush the boundaries and bring in new things with the GTA series, so every game feels different... I just don't know the setting of Red Dead lends itself to innovation really.

20. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I think you're right regarding the longevity of Red Ded as I think after making this, there isn't a lot more they can do with the game, but that's another reason I'd rather see them make it.

Make Red Ded for the PlayStation 4, and then carry on with the GTA series. Maybe even a crossover? GTA but set in the wild west days? Would that work?