GTA VC was my favourite GTA of all time

Discussion in 'GTA Vice City' started by hansenlaw, Apr 15, 2015.

1. hansenlaw

hansenlaw New Member

I remember playing it for HOURS and days on end. It was the first game that really used the freedom of the GTA landscape to it's true potential. I mean, given, compared to GTA V. Vice city is so limiting. But still, it was probably one of the first games that had so many streets and alleys that you just got to explore and get into car chases with the police.

It's my favourite GTA game of ALL TIME!

What do you guys think?

2. Corten

Corten Member

Mine, too. I think that was the first game I purchased, I still have the case, but the disc is damaged, sadly. It might be limited, but the atmosphere was amazing, it felt like I'm playing the game version of Scarface. Working your way up from the bottom, but that freaking RC helicopter mission, oh god.

3. devinametallic

devinametallic New Member

Yes it's my favorite as well. I also feel like the music also helps everything out because their selections are just fierce! I don't know if I disliked anything I heard on there. LOL

1 person likes this.
  4. sidney

sidney Member

I agree, I got to discover a lot of great 80's songs via this game, that's why my favorite radio stations are Emotion 98.3 and Flash FM. I have only played GTA 3 and SA, and among the 3, VC is my favorite.

5. SS42A

SS42A New Member

For me, it was a toss-up between VC and SA, but lately I have shifted towards VC. Lately, I have been trying to get past the The Driver mission by quickly switching from the lame Sentinel to a high-speed Hotring Racer while the race is underway, but I gave up on it after a few tries. As a small consolation, I fired my sniper rifle at Hilary, killing him and failing the mission, but at least I got my own bulletproof Sabre Turbo.

6. Thomas Hall

Thomas Hall New Member

I liked this game and also, how it was like the Scarface movie and playing Tommy was good and saw the city and was a good game. Some missions are hard but most of them are fun and would of been good if you could eat or swim,and was nice to play as well. The game was a start of games which are enjoyable and also with better graphics as well and more enjoyable as well.

7. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I think GTA Vice City had the most ridiculous characters in the series, which made it very fun to play just to see what they were up to. My favorite is GTA 3, but that might be because it's the first one I played.

8. rightct

rightct New Member

Many people share your feelings toward this game, and I'm no exception. I can recall having spent countless hours playing this game, too, and I don't even slightly regret it. Too bad that Rockstar won't deliver such great games in the near future, but these great ideas are exclusive and one-time only, so...

9. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I really loved Vice City. It's definitely one of the best GTA games ever. It's not as immersive as the newer GTAs, but the Vice City setting was one of the best.

10. learntoshootsmoke

learntoshootsmoke New Member

This game is the best in the series for me. The 80's music is great, and I think it has the best script for talk radio out of all the games. The setting and how all the characters acted made it feel like you were in that time period (although I wouldn't know as I was a small child for most of the late 80's).

Also I think Tommy is my favorite protagonist. He just seems to fit perfectly in that environment. He's also more of a badass than any other character (not including Trever.)

11. BeatSymphonic

BeatSymphonic New Member

GTA VC was my favorite GTA of all time as well. I think my favorite part about it had to be the music. I loved going on night cruises, driving slowly through the cities while blasting Wave 103. Perhaps it's a reflection on a simpler and more peaceful time, but I find it so easy to lose myself in that game.
    I know - admiring the tranquility and beauty of life in GTA is not the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of the franchise. But they're so beautiful and well-made. There's so much to admire and explore. I wish the people who adamantly oppose GTA could realize that it's so much deeper than just the beautiful garnish of hardcore action.

12. Fermin420

Fermin420 New Member

I played GTA III for a short while on someone else's computer and it was the sickest game ever, back them my computer was so crappy I couldn't run it, lol. I just had a PlayStation and the only game I could find with a similar street life type of theme was Urban Chaos and I loved that game. I pretty much got a computer just to play GTA and bought Vice City for my first game and I love it, just a couple years ago I played it all over again, nevertheless, I think it's my seconds favorite game since I found Urban Chaos first.

13. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

I like it too, but my first GTA will always be my favorite, and that's San Andreas. It was a really fun ride from start to finish, and I really enjoyed roaming the streets of the cities, while finishing missions. I can honestly say that I know more about these cities than my own, and I'm more familiar about the roads and routes here compared to where I live in real life. I had a really amazing time, and that's what makes a game great, the replay value and the ability of the game to keep luring old players back for a playthrough over and over again.

14. Arvis

Arvis Member

I completely agree with you!
    When I first played it years ago I got so addicted I couldn't stop for hours. It was a truly great game for it's time. Good thing that Vice City Stories was released, so I could have one more time in Vice City, but with new, refreshing characters and storyline!

15. Haroon

Haroon New Member

There is no doubt that GTA Vice City was an awesome.I was totally addicted to this game when I played this game for the first time.This game was like a refreshing deal for my mental depression.I have spent many hours by playing this addictive game in the past.

16. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

It has a special place in my heart because it was the first GTA game I played but I have to admit that GTA:SA takes the cake when it comes to gameplay and storyline.

17. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

Like evryone else here it seems to occupy a unique and special place in my heart, mostly for the people I played it with though I think. It was a great game, and still is of course.

18. jahanzeb ali qureshi

jahanzeb ali qureshi New Member

I think that GTA Vice City has been the most favorite of a lot of people out there. It has been the best title of GTA and I never got bored from paying it again and again.