GTA V: Users Banned for Modding

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by MrGravyCakes, May 19, 2015.

1. MrGravyCakes

MrGravyCakes New Member

So rockstar has taken to banning all users who are using any mod whether it be online or singleplayer, game-breaking or just quality of life features. To say this least I am shocked to hear about this, when they were gearing up to release GTA V for the PC they said that they wanted to make sure the release was solid because they respected the PC gaming community so much for the fact that they become so active in creating new content for their favorite games, and that valve's steam would be a great place for it to grow. And then a couple of weeks later what are they doing? Banning anyone who is adding or modifying anything to do with their game whether its offline, or online. Thoughts?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

As I've replied to another thread, I can't grasp why Rockstar would do something like this, especially since as you've stated: they supported the modding community.
    I really think there's something going on behind the curtains.

3. troutski

troutski Active Member

Well, we've already covered this, and you're late to the party with inaccurate information. Rockstar isn't banning players for offline, singleplayer mods. That occurred in error, and the company has restored a lot of those accounts. Multiplayer mods will result in a ban, though.

4. nytegeek

nytegeek New Member

Just multiplayer. If you violate a EULA or fail to read it that is what happens. Single player is fine.

1 person likes this.
  5. troutski

troutski Active Member

^ This.

6. duckvader

duckvader New Member

Well at least they came to their senses. One of the main reasons people wanted it on pc was the mod the hell out of it so it would be a shame. The game is fine by itself but come on: pc + gta + mods = infinite re playability.

7. Sheggy6

Sheggy6 New Member

Something I really want to know is whether or not these bans are justified or not. I mean, there are those cases of sexually assaulting another player's character and such, sure, let that be a ban, you're ruining an experience for another player. However, when a private server does a zombie survival mod is it really all that justifiable to take out the ban hammer?

8. AmeJouten

AmeJouten New Member

I think they said it was only people that were using exploitive mods in multiplayer, which I am fine with them banning them for that. Although maybe they should have put in some sort of feature to warn people before hand, so people didn't get banned just messing around with stuff.

9. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

As awesome as they are, Rockstar never supported PC gaming community. Yes, the port has finally arrived, but it's an afterthought. Besides, there is no modding support. This was bound to happen.

10. Sheggy6

Sheggy6 New Member

I disagree, the port was because of the optimization. If you remember, GTA IV was an awfully optimized game which needed mods to even be playable.

11. AmeJouten

AmeJouten New Member

It was a really good port at least, but it did take far too long but I guess in the end the wait was worth it. It is a far superior game compared to its consoles edition. #Pcmasterrace :D

12. iK1NG

iK1NG New Member

That is seriously unfortunate to hear, considering single-player mods literally effect nothing outside of the user's experience with the product.

Not to mention the fact that the mods that have popped up have been hilarious.

13. srofltank

srofltank New Member

Rockstar is banning people who log on multiplayer servers with mods only. It's weird that they don't have a setting that automatically disables mods before you log on multiplayer so you have to disable them yourself. Rockstar isn't that stupid to start banning players with mods on singleplayer out of the blue.

14. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 New Member

Rockstar needs a proper online part and some anti cheat which actually bans mod abusers in Online from the get go, but in a way that it automatically disables mdos when transitioning from SP to MP.

15. biggabeard

biggabeard New Member

This would be a real shame. I think all the mod videos online are hilarious. Not too mention seeing those videos actually made me decide to revisit the game.

16. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

It sucks to see people getting banned for modding. Look at games like Garry's Mod. People mod the game all the time and no one gets banned!

17. nytegeek

nytegeek New Member

It sucks? So you think it's okay for mods to be used as exploits in multiplayer settings? It isn't like they went after single-player modding.

18. srofltank

srofltank New Member

Yeah, except there's a difference between mods in GTA V and mods on Garry's Mod. Have you ever played the two games? Garry's Mod has actual servers dedicated to certain mods, people using mods on GTA V is like invading a Vanilla server with exploits.

19. niiro17

niiro17 Member

That sucks. Mods are making the game more fun. I'm fine without mods in multiplayer but singleplayer is not. I hope they do something about this.

20. Snakevenom

Snakevenom New Member

In GTA V online fair enough, they can ban you for modding because it hurts other players experiences however in the singleplayer it is the customers right to be able to mod their product. The singleplayer game is no longer rockstars domain, it is the users. If I buy a PC and mod it is the manufacturer going to take it away from me? No that would be ridiculous.