GTA V for pc question

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by undertehwinter, May 28, 2015.

1. undertehwinter

undertehwinter New Member

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so please move it if it's not. [​IMG]

I plan on getting GTA V for pc. My question is: People with an Xbox have to buy an Xbox live card to play online, how's the online portion gonna work for PC players? Also, I'm guessing a pc controller will work for GTA V pc, right?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Well, I'm not sure about what you're trying to say about the online thing. It's easy to play online, no need for a live card like on Xbox.
    Controller works flawlessly.

3. DDB

DDB New Member

This is one of the benefits I have with PC, you don't have to pay for online! Xbox and PS make you pay for some reason, which I find ridiculous! PC gaming is way more fun, and free! After the cost of the initial game, you're good to go! I would recommend buying the game for Steam, the online multiplayer platform for PC. Steam is my home for gaming, and I can't imagine using anything else!

4. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine New Member

Online for the PC version is completely free, and yes it will definitely have support for using an Xbox 360 controller, possibly PS4 controller too. But any controller should be able to be configured to use with it.

5. tarverten

tarverten New Member

It works out pretty much the way any other recent pc game does. In other words, it's free unless it's one of those MMOs, and even most of those are f2p these days.

6. blastguardgear

blastguardgear New Member

Well yeah, a pc controller would work lol. Why wouldn't it. It will be a pc game you're using it on. But if you actually meant using the dualshock 4 or xb1 controller, those should work too (can't say for sure since I use neither)

7. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Member

It works the way you'd probably expect for the most part. Just imagine it as a much more advanced version of GTA 4 online.

8. AmeJouten

AmeJouten New Member

There is no gate to play the game online, that is strictly a console service ripping you off. I play GTA V with an old xbox 360 wired controller. if you have a bluetooth connection or wired controller you can easily use whatever consoles controller you have to play it. :)

9. srofltank

srofltank New Member

GTA V online for PC is completely different from Xbox/PS. To begin with, it's all free--no pay to play or "exclusives." It's a lot easier with Steam as well, which is a great advantage. I suggest playing GTA V on the PC compared to consoles.

10. Samu Zadori

Samu Zadori New Member

While I don't agree with consoles charging of "Xbox Live Gold" and "PS+", I can see the reasoning behind it; you are using Microsoft's/Sony's servers and services after all.

But yes, no one will charge you for GTA Online on PC! :D Be careful that you don't go online with any mods enabled though, as it can result you being banned.

11. troutski

troutski Active Member

What PC game would make you pay to access the online content, aside from subscription based games?

12. ridwan sameer

ridwan sameer New Member

Online portion of the game is absolutely free!
    And the best thing about the controller support in this game is that it is completely seamless. Connect a controller and you can use either the Keyboard and mouse or the Controller interchangeably. No setting up etc, you can easily switch. What I usually do is leave the Controller for flying etc, and Keyboard and mouse for shooting.

13. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

Playing online on PC is free mate. That's why we are called master race. Only subscription based games need a fess per month.

14. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I guess a lot of people answered the question, but yeah it is free. But I didn't get it because I felt like it was sort of a waste to buy it if you have it on the console already.

15. nytegeek

nytegeek New Member

Playing GTA V online for PC is free. Playing GTA V on the PC is better in my opinion. You can use pretty much any controller you want.

16. niiro17

niiro17 Member

GTA Online is free. I know it's ridiculous that you should pay to play it online in PS and Xbox. And also the controller works fine too.

17. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 New Member

It is known that GTAO is free, but will it stay the same? Or will new added DLCs cost extra money?

18. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

As far as I know online access will always be free if your playing the game on a PC. I would have thought that's the same with most games and I doubt if rockstar would all of a sudden start to charge for this element of the game, if they do it would cut the sales dramatically.

19. AmeJouten

AmeJouten New Member

I wouldn't play it if they tried to charge for the online aspect of GTA V. If they want to do that they need to go make GTA the mmorpg. I refuse to pay monthly to play a singleplayer game with a multiplayer element.

20. Maddogg401

Maddogg401 New Member

For playing online on a pc you just need a Genuine copy of the game, a Pc capable of running the game and a working internet connection that’s it, just run the game and the game will do all the rest. The thing you are referring to is a problem exclusive to consoles. So relax and have fun with GTA Online!