GTA Movie

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by Fit Tony, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Fit Tony

Fit Tony New Member

So, I saw a GTA movie is in the works with Harry Potter. I'm not really excited because it's going to focus on the making of the game and not the in-game stories. But this got me thinking, How cool would it be if they made a movie based on one of the in-game stories. The GTA III stories would be epic in a movie. The in-game stories are quite mixed together. I mean it would be hard to gel the stories of Tommy, Victor, Claude and CJ. But if a film based on a GTA story comes out whether it be GTA III, IVor V, I'll get off my couch and watch it.

2. Briggs

Briggs New Member

It would definitely have the potential to be awesome. I'd watch it. Actually, now I really hope they do...assuming they get the right director

3. Shimus

Shimus New Member

Grand Theft would be an easy game to pull off as they use real world scenarios such as Meth Dealers or Car Thieves. At least it would not be CGI (but could be, to look interesting!) intensive and could still have all the cool things we've came to see - sticky bombs, riots, shooting a clerk over a counter because he didn't hurry with the money. I'd hand the movie to Joss Whedon.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

It would be awesome if they made a movie about GTA stories! I would like to see a movie about the 4th one since I think it had the most interesting and fun story of all, but one about VC would be nice too.

5. Capri

Capri New Member

I think it really has the potential to it. I mean the stories since Vice City forward were very good and very film-able. No wonder: it's no secret that a big part of GTA comes from inspiration with gangster movies so why not do it the other way around. Also Daniel Radcliffe is a really, really good actor (check out his post HP work) - and I definetly feel he'd make a great dark hero.

6. jamiew23

jamiew23 New Member

It could make for a really great film and I could definitely see sequal potential! Would be almost like Taken with all the crazy amounts of action they'd fill it with. I'd definitely watch it!

7. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I think a film on GTA would be pretty hilarious. I'd actually consider watching it. I want to see real action on GTA car stealing! I'd always do that in game, but I never would've imagined it in a movie!

8. troutski

troutski Active Member

A GTA film would be the worst thing in the world. It's far too video game-esque to even be plausible. You'll get a steaming pile of crap like the Need for Speed movie...or any other movie based on a game.

9. Briggs

Briggs New Member

I thought Resident Evil and a select few others turned out really well. If they put a lot of thought and effort into it, it could be great

10. niiro17

niiro17 Member

Can't wait to see the movie when it finished. I wish they will make this awesome.

11. Susime

Susime Active Member

They already did make a movie, a short one, based on the events of GTA 2 but clearly set in New York.

A full length GTA movie based on one of the games in the series would be great. It would have a lot of hype behind it so it WOULD have to be something special.

12. troutski

troutski Active Member

The Resident Evil movies were so bad but sometimes in a good way, which didn't make sense.

13. Thomas Hall

Thomas Hall New Member

It would work and maybe combine Tommy Vercetti and also Toni C and CJ could be in the movie and start out in the wrong side and get betrayed by their former bosses. I reckon that, they could team up and take Sonny and Tony C could be taking down Vencenzo down and Cj would be fighing Ryder and the ballas gang. I would, hope the movie has a good story and also Grand theft auto style movie which will be good and also it will work well I reckon.

14. Briggs

Briggs New Member

L
    Touché