GTA-like games you like?

Discussion in 'GTA General Discussion' started by MisterRay97, Sep 27, 2014.

1. MisterRay97

MisterRay97 New Member

There are a lot of alternative games similar to GTA. What games do you like among them? I like Sleeping Dogs, Watch_Dogs, Just Cause 2, Mafia II, and Saints Row: The Third.

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I like Sleeping Dogs too! It's an awesome game and I like the graphics and the combat opportunities.
    Watch Dogs is really nice too! Even though some missions get repetitive after some time the game overall looks amazing!
    There's also a game on Android called "Gangsters: Vegas" that it is gta-ish.

3. Blacklist#25

Blacklist#25 New Member

It's pretty much Saints Row for me. I don't really like the first 2 games because they seem to copy a lot from GTA but once they hit the crazy I was just hooked to death. I also loved Mafia and Sleepling Dogs, Watch Dogs seem a bit boring for me.

4. sidney

sidney Member

I will be watching this thread to see the most popular suggestions, because aside from GTA I have never played any game that is like GTA. Then I will download the most popular choices. :) I think I would download Saints Row first.

5. Rowe992

Rowe992 New Member

Well my favorite GTA like game will have to be Mafia. I am still upset at the developers for not creating a part three to the Mafia series. The game just brings you back to the era of the famous New York Mafia and the story is very intriguing and educating.

6. beccagreen

beccagreen New Member

Saints Row is on top for me. Next game I think would be Skyrim since it's basically Game of Thrones meets GTA (well at least for me). Other than those games I think the only one left is NFS Underground 2. I know it's a racing game but it's like GTA minus the people and a lot less fun and more focused on cars.

7. Henry

Henry New Member

I really liked Mafia II and Sleeping Dogs. The Godfather was a good one also. Saints Row I didn't like and I didn't like all the technology stuff in Watch Dogs- that's why I haven't played the game.

8. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzels New Member

I like Saints Row, crazy doesn't shy away from the parts of games people enjoy, the downside is it goes over the top too often perhaps.

Sleeping Dogs, I love this rare open world crime game from the good guys perspective. Great story, this might be an unpopular opinion but I prefer the characters to any GTA game. The open world certainly doesn't compete with Rockstars worlds though.

I was a big fan of mercenaries, and it's successor Just Cause are good old fashioned dumb fun.

9. AxelR

AxelR New Member

The Mafia III is in development though. It's made by a new studio, but some of people there made the previous ones too. That's what I heard some time ago.

My favourite GTA-like game has to be Saint's Row 3. It feels like it's GTA series parody, so it has great humour everywhere. And I like it especially because of the CO-OP game mode! That's what GTA lacks in my opinion. Shame that Saint's Row 4 is basically SR:3 with new skills and I won't even talk about SR:GOOH...

10. AlexZ

AlexZ New Member

Rосkstаr's оthеr gаmе Rеd Dеаd Rеdеmptiоn is bаsiсаlly а GTа sеt in аmеriсаn Wеst in еаrly 20th сеntury. Yоu ridе hоrsеs (instеаd оf driving саrs), tаkе bоuntiеs, dо mаin quеsts аnd sidе quеsts, соllесting stuff, hunting, аll thаt... It's а fun gаmе. аnd I likе thе wоmеn in RDR а lоt mоrе thаn GTа.

11. AlexZ

AlexZ New Member

If yоu'rе lооking fоr а mоrе оvеr thе tоp silly fun еxpеriеnсе, try Sаints Rоw. It's соmplеtеly ridiсulоus оvеr thе tоp stupid sаndbоx gаmе mаking fun оf аlmоst еvеrything. It gеt а bit tirеsоmе аftеr thе jоkеs gоt оld. аnd аs еxpесtеd, it lасks thе dеpth оf Rосk Stаr gаmеs. Nоt thаt thеy try tо hаvе аny in thе first plасе.
    Slееping Dоgs (vidео gаmе) аrе bаsiсаlly GTа sеt in HK, withоut guns. Wеll, yоu'll gеt tо usе guns frоm timе tо timе, but bесаusе HK hаs а striсt gun соntrоl pоliсy (gооd fоr thеm!) mоst оf thе timе, yоu bеаt up thugs in "Bаtmаn: аrkhаm аsylum" stylе оnе vs. аll fistfight. Sоmе оf thе еnvirоnmеnt finishеrs саn bе prеtty сооl.

12. Sosi

Sosi Member

You could try Borderlands -series has always been more focused on co-op play. It's a great game if you play with friends and their player characters are designed for co-op, not for solo. Their big bosses are pretty much bullet sponges, and taking them off by yourself can be a hassle. But I like the game's dark humor, and Borderlands 2 has a pretty good villain, Handsome Jack.

13. Sosi

Sosi Member

Other good Sandbox games include: Far Cry 3 and 4, Assassin's Creed (anything after the original, except probably Revelation and Unity...), inFamous, Prototype, Skyrim and Fallout aren't strictly sandbox games

14. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Sleeping Dogs is a good choice if anyone is looking for a GTA-like game, the fighting system is top notch and the characters are cool. With an update to the graphics and more DLC it could even be a substitute for GTA V.

15. kingcool52

kingcool52 Member

The only game that I can think of that comes anywhere close to GTA is Watch Dogs and to be honest it's still miles off beating a game like GTA. With Watch Dogs, you can roam around freely and do almost anything which is like GTA. The only thing that puts me off Watch Dogs is the feel of driving the vehicles. It just feels a bit cartoony if you get what I mean. It feels a bit like those old arcade games

16. holmes22

holmes22 New Member

I did not mind Saints Row for a little bit. Looking back I would not really compare the two all that much but at the time they were pretty similar.

17. jahanzeb ali qureshi

jahanzeb ali qureshi New Member

GTA is a social and action game. I love this type of games. I played a social and romantic game many years ago. Its name was Singles 2. I think you all must be aware of this game. It feels me like I am living in this game.

18. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

Sleeping Dogs was the first option that came to my mind. But Mafia it's also a great option. They are excellent games and they don't owe practically nothing to GTA crew.

19. Slashman8

Slashman8 New Member

At the moment I would have to say the Saints Row games. I think I enjoy them a bit more than GTA.

20. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

For real? :eek:

Any special reason for that? I'm just kinda curious to know because I still don't know this game. :cool: