Great fun

Discussion in 'GTA Liberty City Stories' started by Brem, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Brem

Brem Member

Now I know Liberty City Stories is a game you can finish quite fast, especially being a PSP title, but I was thinking about grabbing this one for the PS2. I've been meaning to pick up some PS2 games again as I've been in the mood to do some PS2 gaming. Anyways I have played liberty city stories before and it is one fun game, short, but fun. I of course played it on the PSP back in the day. How is it on the PS2? Any added features? Or is it the exact same game as the PSP with just a bit of touched up graphics?

2. Carl

Carl New Member

It's basically the same game as the PSP. The graphics, from what I recall, aren't upgraded at all. It's a good game for sure, but is short if you plan to sit down and play if for hours. The PS2 version is as good as the PSP version, it helped get more copies to people since the PSP (and now the PS vita) didn't do so hot in the sales department, so many PSP games were ported to the PS2 to help get more sales.

I say get it though, but it's not much different from what I remember.

3. TopRacer

TopRacer New Member

Exact same game pretty much. The only difference in graphics might be the sharpness but that's pretty much it. Pick it up if you want, but make sure to pick up San Andreas too if you haven't already got it!

4. Niko49

Niko49 New Member

I have it for both PSP & PS2 and didn't notice any change, not even in sharpness. Mind you, I'm not one who has an eye for graphics. I'm not which console has the best specs actually...Maybe the PSP?

5. TopRacer

TopRacer New Member

I'd imagine the PSP would have better RAM and a bigger hard drive. As for the graphics card/processor I can't say. Most companies don't release their consoles specs.

6. pheonix65

pheonix65 New Member

Agreeing with you on the console specs, it is not available actually

7. junkie087

junkie087 New Member

I'd say that the gaming experience is the only thing that differs in PSP and PS2, the rest are the same

8. johnftaylor

johnftaylor New Member

It's largely the same as the ps2 version is just ported over from the psp. The only advantage ps2 has is that it can be played on larger screen which makes for a more immersion experience, but other than that I will not really recommend you to buy that version since you have played it before.

9. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

I played the Liberty City Stories version on my PS2. I think that it's pretty good. And yes, the game does finish quite quickly. But it's still pretty good. The map sizes could be a little bit bigger though.

10. Henry

Henry New Member

It is a fun game, no doubt. I like to play those old console games, and what I did was to get myself an emulator. The roms are available all through the net. They don't play as good as the console, but they work and it's free.

11. Glen

Glen New Member

Well it's one of the lamer ones, but still fun! It's great for on the go, which is basically only when I use it. The story is only okay though, in my opinion. It's always gun to just mess around in any GTA though, which is pretty much what I do.