Good but...Not quite good enough.

Discussion in 'WRC 23' started by pwarbi, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

Hahaha... It seems like something "unfair", but that's how things work. I think the bravest people deserve a bigger slice of the pie. :p

2. jakub1

jakub1 Member

Not only do they deserve it, most of the time they get even more or the whole thing.

3. Shine_Spirit

Those who risk more have the right to the best reward. Following the trend doesn't make you an innovator (just a clever copier :p).

4. jakub1

jakub1 Member

Unfortunately some people are actually giving praise to for being followers ;(.

5. Shine_Spirit

Right or wrong, each person has a particular reason to think that way. What can we do other than agree or disagree (cordially :rolleyes:) with their thoughts?

6. Meeseeks

Meeseeks New Member

Tried it but don't really care for it. It's hard to like after Dirt Rally, everything is inferior.

7. Shine_Spirit

I have to agree with that, but even so I can still see some positive aspects in it. :)

8. Kieranlewix

Kieranlewix Member

I don't think you're being too harsh, rather that you have a strong opinion. You have put it quite well and you are right, compared to Dirt, WRC6 does not stand a chance. However, I don't think they should be compared because both of them have something to offer. Dirt is obviously superior and as a racing game fan, I can't find it an equal match. WRC6 developers are really trying to step it up but it will be some time before they can manage to convince us that it deserves the top spot.

9. Athanas

Athanas Member

WRC 6 does not actually fit the standards as other games like Dirt Rally. It is relatively low in terms of content. However, the game possesses excellent car handling capabilities and many people including me still like playing it.

10. jakub1

jakub1 Member

I agree, there isn't enough content like the other games.

11. overcast

overcast Member

I think each game house has it's set of execution type. I think WRC seems to be good on that. But requires a lot of efforts from developers side now. Otherwise they won't reach more people.

12. razer

razer Member

It's a decent game. I agree with the others that the game is not as good as Dirt Rally, as it feels far more arcadey. Other than that, the graphics can be pretty rough in places, but the game is still pretty fun.

13. overcast

overcast Member

Yes the Rally one is lot different. And it was designed different purpose too. So I guess it differs a lot in terms of the execution. That was can easily see as well.

14. dionnextherese

dionnextherese Member

I totally agree with you. I don't get it why some game developers does not have any originality. They should be creative to be sucessful in the game market. But I know the competition of the games is tough.

15. akjangra

akjangra New Member

I agree with you, but not completely. I think there are a few areas where WRC outshines Dirt, one of them being the graphics. The shadows in WRC are much better than Dirt. But yes, overall Dirt does offer more than WRC. I prefer the physics and the gameplay experience of Dirt over WRC, but WRC on its own is still a great game, one of the best in the field right now.

16. NototiousH1V

NototiousH1V New Member

Something about the physics/state of the game.
    I have non-toxic-fanboy intentions. Yes the default tuning makes the cars understeery af and feel like there is too much grip, resulting in a general frustration. But it's not that the physics of D4 are more arcade than DR's ,(but the tuning of cars). In fact the physics are indeed a step up and with cars having actual weight the game does encourage you to use specific techniques in order to get fast.There is a full guide on how to tune the cars properly but many haven't even try to test if it works and keep on hating the game. This video may help you with the tuning and proving that D4's physics are not in any way arcady.
    The physics are fine but a major issue of the game I believe it must be resolved is the track generator. It is indeed a great idea but we need more variety of turns.
    Here's the video :

17. pmk1996

pmk1996 Member

I think you are underestimating WRC. It's at the same level with Dirt and it's good enough. If they try to tweak it for it look more awesome as you want... It would make it worse.

18. overcast

overcast Member

I think after NFS things have gone same and boring. Just change in rally and other updates. People have surely stopped being original. And that's what I don't know how it makes sense.

19. razer

razer Member

The simple answer is that they can't really afford to be original. Typical AAA game development costs a lot of money, so the devs need to be sure they will at least get the money back and hopefully turn a profit. In order to do so, they just copy the mechanics and gameplay concepts that were proven to be popular in other games, rather than risk making something original and failing.

20. akjangra

akjangra New Member

I feel the same. NFS used to be the shit. The newer NFS games feel more like an action game rather than a racing game. (sorry for going slightly off topic)