Gold Medal objective, is it really necessary?

Discussion in 'GTA V General Discussion' started by shadegrilllock, Jun 7, 2015.

1. shadegrilllock

shadegrilllock New Member

Well, it's not new that not everyone cares about the gold medal in the missions, even i having every single gold medal in the game, i gotta adimit that it's not fun playing like that, it restricts the use of our creativity, like in the last mission, everyone would like to pull out a minigun and finish all the chineses like a boss, but at the end you won't reach the required accuracy and instantly think that you got bad shooting skills, i'd rather have it like on GTA Online where we could just choose from easy to hard and do the mission as we want

2. srofltank

srofltank New Member

I think that we should have more leeway with what we do in our missions, especially with our friends. I agree with the points you listed above, and we should be able to have less restrictions within our gameplay. I don't think the gold medal is necessary.

3. Totalarmordestine

Totalarmordestine New Member

It's necessary if you want to get the "Solid Gold Baby" Trophy/Achievement. Also if you want to satisfy yourself that you just got gold in a mission. Sometimes whenever I get gold, I feel pleased.

4. tarverten

tarverten New Member

I don't like competitive playing. I want to play the missions my way... not how someone in the development thinks how I should play just so that I can get some crappy gold award.

5. blastguardgear

blastguardgear New Member

Killing Stretch as Michael with a melee attack is just awesome though. Some old dude just pulls up, smashes this group of young able bodied thugs to death with a bat, and is like "Franklin sends his regards." Way more badass than capping him.

6. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Member

The Gold Metal is like Full Sync in Assassins Creed. It is how the character would have done the mission. If all the missions in GTA V were made into a movie, that is how the characters would have done them.

7. biggabeard

biggabeard New Member

I'm not a big fan of going gold but I understand the point of it. Having a trophy beyond just beating the game helps with replayability. Not too mention it is cool when you can master a game fully. For me personally I'd rather just play and not have the frustration of trying to do things so specifically.

8. Susime

Susime Active Member

I'm not too bothered about getting the gold medal in missions, I'm mainly more focused on getting 100%.

I have tried to gold the shooting range challenges though, that was sort of fun.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

I also don't really bother if I don't get gold to be honest. In the past I was, and I found I didn't enjoy the game as much, trying to get the perfect scores was taking away the fun element out of the game, and in the end, that's the main reason we play any game.

10. MrHurricane89

MrHurricane89 New Member

It is just there for the completionists, an additional goal for them to pursue.

11. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Yep, it's just there for people that are looking for achievements. I don't really focus on those at the moment since I'd rather enjoy the game in peace without getting gold! :D

12. Susime

Susime Active Member

That's all they are at the end of the day, just tools to use for bragging rights that, as far as I know, don't offer any reward.

The shooting challenges however, if you gold them you get a 50% discount on stuff bought from Ammunation I think.

13. niiro17

niiro17 Member

For some people yes, but as for me no. Sometimes I really don't care what medal I got I just want to finish the game.

14. AmeJouten

AmeJouten New Member

Some people are completionist and or trophy hunters and if its required that's their thing. I personally don't care about stuff like that unless it comes to a racing game and it benefits me to getting a higher medal/achievement level during a mission, in which case I will try to get the best I can unless its too frustrating.

15. jamiew23

jamiew23 New Member

You can get the achievement but going for gold really isn't worth it. I'd just recommend you have fun with the game. If golds something that you'd enjoy going for then sure go for it. For me though I just like to mess around and do it my way :p