Games you can't finish?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by davis, Oct 11, 2013.

1. AndreiFL

AndreiFL Member

I cannot finish Skyrim. It has too many sidequests and I've been playing it for 3 years without getting bored.

2. useruseruser

useruseruser Member

Fez , I will never get 100% in that game. There are so many secrets, it would take months to complete. I got about 75% completion so I'm pretty happy with that. Damn though, that game has a lot of secrets.

3. Oakster

Oakster Member

Let me ask you about Fez:
    I've never played it but recently got it in a Humble Bundle I think.
    Is it worth starting? Keeping in mind that I have no self-control over seeing stuff on YouTube when I get stuck :)
    Or would I just be spoiling it for me?

4. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, as I had a bit of trouble finishing some of them as well because they are just too full - not that it's a bad thing. I did get addicted enough to LCS and Vice City to finish them, though, and I even played them a lot after completing it.

5. AndreiFL

AndreiFL Member

War Thunder is quite addictive too!

6. LukeDerusha

LukeDerusha Member

I can never finish Final Fanasty seven. Anytime I try to play it I either lose the data, or I get sidetracked by other things.

7. Rohan99

Rohan99 Member

I have trouble with Civilization v and Grand theft auto Vice city. Vice city was because of a mission I couldn't complete and I didn't want to cheat and so I gave up playing the game. I may go back to it one day though.

8. Ricardo187

Ricardo187 Member

GTA IV. I didn't finish GTA IV because I didn't like it that much. It got boring in my opinion. I also didn't finish Grand Turismo 3 because I stopped using my PS2.

9. jurew2

jurew2 Member

I never finished Amnesia: The Dark Descent, because I pirated the game and it was bugged so that I couldn't continue to play it. I didn't want to buy the game or download another release so I just deleted and never finished the game.

10. wowtgp

wowtgp Member

I just bought Dark Souls 2 a couple of days ago. There are a lot of frustrating obstacles and bosses in the game that I don;t think I will be able to finish the game ever. It's just not worth the time spent.

11. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

I had problems with that in the past too. It's really annoying and tiring also.

12. Livvy

Livvy Member

I can't get on the damn train myself.

13. kaitheteen

kaitheteen Member

Yeah I also couldn't finish Skyrim. I played a lot of it but I never managed to finish it. I may go back to it someday though.

14. MissBin

MissBin Member

I had problems finishing Grand Theft Auto San Andreas game. It took me like few months to actually finish last few missions. And i also used cheats to finish them easily because was too lazy to waste my time tryharding.

15. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

That game was so full of features and tasks that I eventually just stopped as well. My friends really got into it though and maxed it out. I personally just prefer the more contained versions of GTA.

16. RamZor

RamZor Member

The classic Rayman. This game is just too hard. Tons of levels too.

17. MissBin

MissBin Member

Well when I was a WOW addict, all I played was WOW. I periodically still bought games, but I never played much of them. I felt guilty two-times over. First for buying games I barely played and secondly, when I would play them, I'd say to myself "I could be leveling". Finally, I woke up one day and never logged into WOW again. It wasn't a conscious decision, it just happened that way. When I realized that a month or more had passed WOW-free, I began to explore new games as well as many of the ones I shelved during my WOW obsession.

Now, years have passed since then and I still have a hard time finishing games, but it's not because I am consumed by any one game. It's just there's only so much time in the day to do all the things I want to or have to. I have to be choosey with my entertainment time. Additionally, I almost never buy any title until it drops into the $40 price range. I am more concerned with getting my money's worth from a game rather than finishing it. If I can experience even just a third of a game but still have a great time during those hours of play, I am happy. It's the journey that matters most.

18. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I just remembered that I've never finished FF8 or Crisis Core even though they are some of my most favorite games ever. The reason is because they are just too long and the cutscenes are unskippable so I usually end up losing interest after some time, but that doesn't mean I loved my experience any less, though.

19. TainaF

TainaF New Member

Grant Theft Auto for me. I see a few of you are sharing the same sentiment. The reason I can't finish is because I can't complete some Missions. Its just sitting there in my computer taking up space.

20. spectre456

spectre456 Member

The only game I haven't been able to finish is Amnesia The Dark Descent. I haven't finished the game because it's great, not because it's bad. This game is so great at what it sets out to do that I can't finish it because I get too tense and scared. I will finish it some day, but I'll take my time with it.